Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boxes will be replaced with a desk eventually that I can do modding work and video filming with.

Just been in the process of buying other stuff first..

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      The boxes will be replaced with a desk eventually that I can do modding work and video filming with.

have you just moved into a new flat?

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Lol I didn't think it would stay that way

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          have you just moved into a new flat?
          Nope. Just rearranged some stuff to make more space.

Comment

My updated setup. Definitely a bit slap-dash at the moment, the consoles are hanging off of the table! I could push the consoles back, but I want to allow as much space at the back as possible.

I try to keep a relatively minimal setup. PS4 for current gen, PS3 for previous gen, and a softmodded Wii (plus USB hard drive) for emulation and retro (as well as region free Wii and GameCube, of course).

Below the TV is a gaming laptop connected via HDMI - this is getting a bit long in the tooth now, and is unlikely to be replaced in the near future (hence the PS4 purchase). You can also see a Vita and 3DS in their cases.

The TV is similarly dated - Sharp 32" LCD HDTV with 1366x768 native resolution (supports up to 1080p input however, and the speakers are the best I've ever heard on a TV). On the right hand side is a little HDMI switch.

One day, I will invest in a nice unit to put all the consoles in, upgrade the TV, maybe replace the Wii with a softmodded WiiU, and make the whole thing much prettier. For now, this does the job lovely.

Comment

That is definitely a Japanese place, I swear every foreigner ends up buying one of those tables at one point.

Comment

I have that table because it was given to me for free! I'd quite like to upgrade to a proper TV unit some day, with all the consoles nicely under the telly instead of hanging off the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                  I have that table because it was given to me for free! I'd quite like to upgrade to a proper TV unit some day, with all the consoles nicely under the telly instead of hanging off the front.
                  Yeah I had a trip to Ikea this weekend and bought a nice TV cabinet as my 11month lad was touching everything, will post pics soon. Everything is nice and hidden now.

I've been proper geeking it up! I've got a 4 in 2 out HDMI Matrix switcher with the ability to watch different things on each of the 2 outputs. I've got Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Wii U going in and on output 1 it goes to my main TV on the cabinet, and on output 2 I've introduced a wireless HDMI sender going to the upstairs TV so I can play all the connected consoles upstairs too. Wireless controllers are a godsend.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                    Yeah I had a trip to Ikea this weekend and bought a nice TV cabinet as my 11month lad was touching everything, will post pics soon. Everything is nice and hidden now.

I've been proper geeking it up! I've got a 4 in 2 out HDMI Matrix switcher with the ability to watch different things on each of the 2 outputs. I've got Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Wii U going in and on output 1 it goes to my main TV on the cabinet, and on output 2 I've introduced a wireless HDMI sender going to the upstairs TV so I can play all the connected consoles upstairs too. Wireless controllers are a godsend.
                    Is there not lag complications with the wireless sender?

Comment

I expected some input lag but I've not noticed any so far.

I did have one occasion where the Xbox One controller dropped out signal but 360 was solid which surprised me.

Comment

Which wireless HDMI sender do you use? That sounds like a bit of kit I could get on board with

Comment

The wireless sender was a freebie I got from my work as the remote control infra red return had some issues so we've stop selling them for now, but I won't be using the IR anyway.

As for the HDMI matrix they're readily available on ebay

Comment

There are some great setups in here

Comment

my small retro corner:

in the top drawer we have the SFC:

when i get it cleared out, the Mega Drive will go in the bottom drawer.
                              Last edited by beecee; 27-03-2014, 10:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X