Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's some setup. Bet he watches loads of naff quality BD rips on it.

Comment

VHS I heard...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        He has nothing on this guy:

That's rot (rotphunte) from the neo forums - there are plenty of other videos with games covering his parts

Used to be a post master in Manchester but now I think he owns a wine shop

Comment

New desks, finally. Bit of a Sony harem going on.

Comment

Quad 11s? I had them and later moved up to the 12 series. Great speakers the 11 series. Nice neat setup you have there. Is that a PVM or BVM next to the PlayStations?

Comment

They're Monitor Audio RX1.

As for the display, I don't believe it to be either a PVM or BVM. It's a 15kHz monitor, I believe designed to be used with a Sony MSX. The 15kHz image is spectacular though, SCART on the side panel is great. Made in Japan too!

I'm sure you'll find posts about it from me if you google Sony KX-14CP1.

Comment

I knew I had seen that screen somewhere before. Are the Monitor Audio speakers shielded?

Comment

Apparently they are shielded, yes.

Comment

I would like to replace the speakers I use with my retro setup which aren't shielded but are sitting close to CRTs. Not ideal. I'll need to look into something like those RX1s.

Comment

Finally moved in with my wife into our new apartment further north in Kyoto, so it's all change for me! I think it's easy to see which things are hers and which are mine.

That's a PS4, PS3, WiiU (with external USB HDD) and gaming laptop all hooked up via HDMI to a 32" Sharp Aquos LC-32D10.

The WiiU is a real space-saver. It's softmodded for region free Wii loading, Wii game loading from USB HDD, and homebrew - in terms of emulators, everything up to MegaDrive (incl. MegaCD and Virtua Racing) and Snes (incl. SuperFX2 games like Yoshi Island) work 100% perfectly, and probably runs more advanced stuff too. Arcade stuff all works too. The USB external 2.5" drive is a massive help too.

The gaming laptop needs replacing with something more modern really, but it might not be so simple. No longer living by myself, I can;t just have a massive desktop in the living room anymore, I'd have to get something that would fit plush on the TV unit. I might just stick with the PS4.

Comment

My brain is struggling to take it all in dude.
                        Is that a rug or carpet? Either way, totally epic.
                        I'd say tidy setup, but there's a whole bunch of stuff everywhere. The clock and photo frame overlapping the TV are the biggest OCD magnets.

However... New apartment! \o/

Comment

To me and you, it's a rug! Albeit with a more comfortable fabric designed for sitting on. To a Japanese person, it's a carpet - they actually call it that!

It's all a bit of a compromise really. I don't particularly mind my wife decorating the apartment really pink (with all her Sanrio stuff and everything) - I'm not that insecure! But it does make it challenging to make my gaming stuff sit all plush. For example, I'd love nothing more than to have a nice massive desktop next to the TV, but that will never fly.

I'm just happy I've gotten all my current gen consoles onto the unit.

Comment

Is all the consoles her's and the royals pictures yours

Never thought I would see an array of consoles beside a couple of photos of the duke / duchess of Cambridge lol

Comment

It looks more like a duvet cover to me! Photos of kate and Wills; they're yours yeah? ;-)

Comment

It's a Walker's shortbread tin. I'm one of the most anti-Royal Family people around actually so I'm not entirely happy with that one, but my wife bought it in the UK and she doesn't really know any better.

Comment

Working...
                                X