Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by charlesr; 15-07-2014, 09:11.

Comment

Wah, how does that work? Does it pass the video through the PI first?

Comment

Looks awesome! That's what I love most about my Phillips TV with Ambilight:

My model the 7666t just has the side lighting but you can get higher end models with the top lighting as well, I can imagine your setup will look a lot more impressive in person as I found it incredibly hard to capture the same level of lighting on video as you would with your own eyes.

This is the video I took a while back to try and show my lighting:

EDIT: EvilBoris's video in the link is the first voice command that's turned on my Xbox One haha, the TV advert that people had problems with never did but at the start of your youtube video mine turned on straight away!
        Last edited by Olly C; 15-07-2014, 10:32.

Comment

Extended set up in the retro room - finally some proper tate action for the jp 360/dreamcast

Comment

Nice. I'll be having some of that action myself once I get the games room finished, hopefully by the end of this weekend all going well.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Wah, how does that work? Does it pass the video through the PI first?
              The video is split, one lot goes into the TV, the other goes into the PI for processing and dealing with the lights. That way there is no degradation or lag induced.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Nice. I'll be having some of that action myself once I get the games room finished, hopefully by the end of this weekend all going well.
                cool - some serious cable management to get sorted and a new 2.1 system coming for it next week.

Comment

Well last Friday my spare room looked like this -

Four solid days of work now has it looking like this. Might be an excessive amount of work just for my DC set up! I'm bloody knackered, was up at six am finishing it off after putting ten hours after work in to it yesterday. Walls refinished, new skirtings/ coving/ facings, new solid oak floor and six coats of paint!

The layout will change a bit in a week as I've bought a Bang & Olufsen Beovision 1 crt TV for the room, plus I still have to hang the nice canvasses I've bought for in there as well. Happy though, can relax in it now and get some Tate DC shmup action!

Comment

Wow Colin!! That looks really great!

Comment

that is so cool!
                      Wires well hidden too!

Comment

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
                        that is so cool!
                        Wires well hidden too!
                        Lol - dont think he has wired anything up yet!

Looks nice mate

Comment

Oh ye of little faith. Here's a wee example of my hidden from sight cable tidying sneakiness.....

Never to be seen as obviously the cabinet backs on to the wall.

Comment

That cabling is awesome!

Comment

That's actually really clever, colour me impressed

Comment

What are those sticky-clips, Colin, and where do you get them? Sterling work overall, by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X