Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're just self adhesive tie wrap holders mate. Any electrical wholesalers and probably DIY shops will stock them.

Comment

Cheers Col, I use the basic ties a lot but never seen the others before. Will hunt some down.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Four solid days of work now has it looking like this. Might be an excessive amount of work just for my DC set up! I'm bloody knackered, was up at six am finishing it off after putting ten hours after work in to it yesterday. Walls refinished, new skirtings/ coving/ facings, new solid oak floor and six coats of paint!

The layout will change a bit in a week as I've bought a Bang & Olufsen Beovision 1 crt TV for the room, plus I still have to hang the nice canvasses I've bought for in there as well. Happy though, can relax in it now and get some Tate DC shmup action!

As a fellow gamer who appreciates the complete but refined collection, that is one of the nicest examples I've ever seen. A Dreamcast with all the best games with bugger all else. That's a really nice collection.

One day, if I can convince my Fianc?, I would love to sort our office out in a similar fashion for my N64 and PSone collection.

Did you do the room purely for the Dreamcast or has it always needed doing and the DC was the tipping point? I can't remember if your Neo Geo AES got similar treatment!

Comment

I've been gradually renovating the whole house since I moved back to Scotland last year, only one bedroom and the upstairs hallway to put that same solid oak floor in and I'm as good as done. The DC set up thing was just a bonus, it'll look better in there once I collect the B&O and hang the art, it's a bit sparse right now.

Comment

I wouldn't say sparse. That piece of neo-primitivist sculpture in your first room-complete pic offsets it all nicely. After Brancusi?

Comment

I don't think Brancusi will have had an elliptical trainer.

Comment

I meant to say Giacometti. He was a fitness freak! Seriously though on first glance I thought it was a sculpture, like the ultimate connoisseur's games room with pieces of modernist welded metal and cast bronze sculpture scattered about, maybe Epstein's Rock Drill just out of shot, lol.
                Last edited by Golgo; 02-08-2014, 20:15.

Comment

Where are the white units from Colin? Do you have a link so I can get measurements please? Thanks.

Comment

Ikea. Really inexpensive and available in a variety of sizes/ colours/ options.

Comment

Did abit of work at the weekend on the retro set up - still have several things to sort, but coming together nicely. Some new framed art work and a dedicated pcm 2.1/sub system for the monitor with some dedicated backlighting.

Why i never had a tate monitor years ago, i'll never know....

Comment

Nice set up. Like it

Comment

Love the horizontal PS2 stand. Needlessly pointless. Lol

Comment

Yep, tidy (if busy!) corner.

Are you using the xbox for all your 16-Bit era gaming? You're lucky with that Dell, for some reason my HP is massively off centre with my DC image, so my anticipated tate joy isn't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Love the horizontal PS2 stand. Needlessly pointless. Lol
                              Totally agree :-)

Picked it up at a boot sale about 10 years ago and thought it looked good

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                                Yep, tidy (if busy!) corner.

Are you using the xbox for all your 16-Bit era gaming? You're lucky with that Dell, for some reason my HP is massively off centre with my DC image, so my anticipated tate joy isn't happening.
                                Its a bit cluttered, but everything is at my finger tips! I need to improve the cable management though.

Colin, have you looked for an 'auto adjust' setting in your vga options. The dell displayed it of centre but the auto adjust corrected it to aspect 4:3. The stand doesn't rotate the right way for a lot of the dc shooters. So i am going to have to take one apart for a mod. All 360 stuff tates perfectly though. Have to thank speedy for the signposting to the dell2007fp. Picked up 2 (black and a silver spare) for under ?90.

Thanks boyo!

Comment

Working...
                                X