Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorgeous. Feeling relieved that the (new?) shelves look a lot less buckled than last time we saw them. No longer expecting a 'flat stanley' situation, *phew*

Comment

The shelves are suprisingly strong the wall is a supporting one so it's bolted on really firmly it could hold nothing but xbox ones & PS4s easily without breaking. Have had things fall off and bonk me on the head before when i had things stacked randomly all over the place, DS games hurt if they land on a corner

Comment

Looks great dude.

Comment

I just installed a 5 meter RGB LED light strip on my TV uint today. Look sreally nice in real life, far better than what the phone pictures show.

With it being RGB you can have a load of different colours. I personally like purple.

Comment

That looks really nice Mark

Comment

Thanks, Jason. You should try something like this out too. The strips are pretty cheap and very easy to install. I paid 3500 yen shipped from Amazon for mine. It's a 5 meter stip with 30 RGB LEDs per meter, PSU, LED controller box and remote. You can get strips with 15 or 60 LEDs per meter but I think 30 is best for the home. On full brightness they really shine. I actually keep then on 30% brightness.

Comment

Looks smart, Mark! I like it!

Jason, I've never seen so many DS games! Are any stacked in front of others?

Comment

Nah all the DS/3DS is single stacked as i play those the most so i want to get to them easily. Just the Wii/N64/GCCX DVD's that are double stacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    I just installed a 5 meter RGB LED light strip on my TV uint today. Look sreally nice in real life, far better than what the phone pictures show.

With it being RGB you can have a load of different colours. I personally like purple.
                    Ooooooooh!! Pretty mood lighting!!

EDIT: Amazon UK have got this which looks pretty cool. Is this the one you have, Mark? It's actually possible to cut it to size. Might get one.
                    Last edited by teddymeow; 15-11-2014, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Ooooooooh!! Pretty mood lighting!!

EDIT: Amazon UK have got this which looks pretty cool. Is this the one you have, Mark? It's actually possible to cut it to size. Might get one.
                      It's not the same one but very much the same thing. I actually made a video showing which one I bought and how it was set up to answer some question for the guys at assemblergames.com

Comment

Ah, I thought this was the same thing evilboris had done, which was very nifty.

Comment

Nice video Mark i was actually curious how you had routed your led tape as the light has a lovely even spread, bonus points on the sneaky ir sensor placement.

It's a really cool effect, definately planning on doing it myself. Looking into doing it full on but it's a lot more expensive as you have to get a hdmi splitter and av capture box but you can get yourself a fake ambilight at the end of it like this...

Comment

Not a fan of coloured LED backlighting at all. To get the benefits, it needs to be a 6500k white LED, which will help preserve correct colour perception, give better perception of black levels in the image and reduce eye fatigue/strain (amongst other benefits)

Blue is fairly well documented being not too good for your peepers either.....

Comment

Just as well I don't use blue all that often. I mostly stick with purple or red.

IMPORTAKU - Yeah, having the propper video ambient light would be cool. I may expand my set up in the future to do the same thing as that video but for now I'm happy

Comment

Yours looks great as it is, you did a good job of getting it on neatly even the lazy bendy corners don't look bad hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X