Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow big guy, you've really got that layout looking great since the last time I was at your flat. You've managed that very difficult thing of having a flat lovingly devoted to gaming without looking like something weird for a grown man, nice work.

Comment

That is class.

Comment

Post your gaming setups

Thanks all!

Colin, pleased to hear it - think that living with someone definitely helped me temper my weirder impulses

Speedy, I think you may know the answer to this one already

Comment

Like the shelves mate. Where are they from?
          Really helps when you have storage when you can alter the shelf height.
          Make games look super tidy!!

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and say you do. Ever run into any incompatibilities?

But man, Colin is completely right. Especially love how you've stealthily integrated all of your machines into that corner cabinet.

You've got the wrong game on the cab at the moment though.

Comment

Lovely set up fuse

Comment

Dream set-up ... like it a lot

Comment

Yeah man, nice setup there Fuse!

Comment

The love heart coasters though, you really should've considered moving them before the living room shot.

Comment

Fuse, fantastic set up! Makes me rather jealous as I'd love something like that but I'm married to a person who hates games with a passion. Also someone who is a tight as a dogs arse when it comes to buying shelving.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        The love heart coasters though, you really should've considered moving them before the living room shot.
                        Caught pink-handed

Shelves are, like 90% of the whole flat, IKEA! You can get additional shelves, glass doors, corner brackets etc for the Billy range, and given the price they've worked out great for us.

Speedy - very little play on the PSX to report, I'm afraid. A few games of Ridge Racer, some Taiko, and a few shmups is all its ever really seen... not had any issues bar the daft controller port locations, but I'd be lying if I said it was there for practicality reasons.

Comment

Nice setup !

Comment

So I came in here to post a few changes to my setup that I made today but I think Fuse has stolen all my thunder with that frankly amazing setup he has there, it truly is a thing of beauty...well done man!

Anyway I had a free weekend this week as Katie is away with Chloe visiting relatives & not back until tomorrow so made the most of it by spending all of today upgrading the AV.

This is what I started with...

Phase 1 started with moving everything & tidying behind the telly which hadn't seen a hoover in years...

Once that was done it was time to dig the boxes of goodies out...

Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K Amp
                            Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 Speakers
                            Monitor Audio Mass Stands

Then the rebuild could begin...

Telly back in place & cables sorted

Cabling with the amp

The mighty Monitor Audio Mass 5.0 set

The frankly bonkers sub

Pic of it next to the Yamaha it replaces

Fronts in place

Rears

Final setup all done

I'm seriously pleased with it, a huge improvement over what I had before.

The Calibration was an event...took a while to iron out a couple of phase issues & my god the test tones bit was a lot louder then I expected but so far so good.

Going to give it a real run tomorrow as I'm off for the day so going to pop a few films on.

All seems a bit lacklustre now compared to Fuse lol

Comment

Man, that is one crazy ass bass speaker you have there. Where abouts did you locate it as I can't see it next to the TV.

Comment

Never seen those monitor audio speakers before Neil, are they new out?

Comment

Working...
                                X