Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just uploaded a video of my games room to YouTube.

Last edited by Yakumo; 02-05-2015, 15:42.

Comment

Nice video, love your little snippets of life in Japan.

Comment

A moment of silence for that poor VMU...

Comment

Hehe, it sounds worse than it actually was.

Comment

I just got a new screen and it's the first "big" one that I've ever owned from new, as I usually buy second-hand. I popped the Wii U gamepad on the front of the stand to give an idea of the size:

Very exciting!
            Last edited by Decider-VT; 01-06-2015, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
              I just got a new screen and it's the first "big" one that I've ever owned from new, as I usually buy second-hand. I popped the Wii U gamepad on the front of the stand to give an idea of the size:

Very exciting!
              Lovely!!

How's the sound been from the set itself?

I still use the TV speakers for everything TV related (Movies etc. get the full monty Surround though) so TV SQ is still kind of important...still want the 50" version

Neil

Comment

You should invest in a used cinema system, Neil. I bet for about 150 pounds you could get a nice main brand 5.1 system. My Sony I use can be had for about that price these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  You should invest in a used cinema system, Neil. I bet for about 150 pounds you could get a nice main brand 5.1 system. My Sony I use can be had for about that price these days.
                  I already have a full on 5.1 system (Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K Amp & Monitor Audio MASS Speakers) that I use for movies & gaming but its massively overkill for general TV use so standard TV speakers are the order of the day for that

The current G20 is acceptable in that regard but worry that with sets getting thinner that they will obviously be compromises in any future upgrades

Neil

Comment

Speaking of TV speakers Neil we bought a soundbar for our Viera TV purely for program watching - it has the speakers in the rear for some reason, a sixty quid soundbar made the voices so much clearer and less muffled, the missus never needs to have Coronation Street up load now
                    Last edited by VR46; 03-06-2015, 11:19.

Comment

Never understood why someone would have a nice speaker setup and only use it for movies...

Comment

In my experience it just doesn't sound/work great for normal TV voices - unless you have it turned up pretty loud, which isn't always possible when you have kids asleep upstairs. Probably could be sorted, but can't be arsed playing about with settings every time.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Never understood why someone would have a nice speaker setup and only use it for movies...

Well the setup is a bit overkill for general TV use bearing in mind that from when I get home from work & have picked Chloe up most of my TV viewing in the evening is spent on Disney Jr or Nick Jr so the need for surround sound is pretty much useless lol
                          Then we she goes to bed the last thing I'm doing is sticking a booming film on...in fact when SWMBO is home I'm generally not in control of anything...we normally watch junk

So yeah it gets little use these days, but when I do I enjoy it much more & it feels more special than just hearing guff like Benefits Street through it lol

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                          Speaking of TV speakers Neil we bought a soundbar for our Viera TV purely for program watching - it has the speakers in the rear for some reason, a sixty quid soundbar made the voices so much clearer and less muffled, the missus never needs to have Coronation Street up load now
                          I had considered something like that as an in between but I don't think I have the room on the TV stand for one of them as well as the MASS & Chloes 10,000 ponies & other crap that adorns the unit

Comment

Yes sod putting all those toys back in the right order after cleaning the cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                              Yes sod putting all those toys back in the right order after cleaning the cabinet
                              Lol yeah I'm pretty bad for that...at the end of the day when she's in bed I have to put them all back properly...my OCD wouldn't let me just do them any old way

Neil

Comment

Set up a few tasty gaming 'pods' at the top of the house; one for emulation/shooters the other for this gen.

Comment

Working...
                                X