X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yakumo's wife
    Dammit Yakumo, not another one!

Comment

Always wanted one of those, shame it never got a PC release.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        You have one very cool wife. Wish mine was like that. She bitches everything I buy even something as small as a new game!
        Really? That's awful.

Mrs Wools is only semi interested in gaming but allows me to play and buy stuff, even says on some quiet evenings "Do you want to play on one of your games?"

She loves reading so if I'm playing some Project Cars then she'll dip into one of her books. Does your Mrs have any hobbies or interests she can do whilst you're playing?

Comment

Love the setup Gradius. Seeing those floppy disc carry case things takes me back

Comment

Missed the 3.5" disc holder in that pic, I chucked out a double width one about six months ago. Reckon I bought it in about 1989!

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
              Missed the 3.5" disc holder in that pic, I chucked out a double width one about six months ago. Reckon I bought it in about 1989!
              5 1/4 inch floppy's in there. Commodore 64 will be the only retro computer I will ever own.

Comment

Ah I see, Spectrum and Amiga man here.

Comment

I did have an Amiga and Atari ST back in the late 80's. Thing was I got a PC Engine around that time too and I love shmups. Putting Xenon 2 next to Gunhed was no contest for me. Dungeon Master and Stunt Car Racer were my probably standout Amiga faves

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                    5 1/4 inch floppy's in there. Commodore 64 will be the only retro computer I will ever own.
                    Ah I see, Spectrum and Amiga man here.
                    Me too.

I had a friend with a C64 but my speccy was the only tape based computer I ever wanted.
                    Still have it & is probably the only gaming thing I will never ever part with.

Have my Amiga Collection still too.

Nice setup BTW Gradius, looks absolutely stunning

Comment

Think most people fell in to one camp or the other, I never ever had the urge to own a C64 for some reason.

Unlike Soundwave I sold off all my Amiga bits, and the Spectrum too, rebought the Spectrum and sold it again.

Would like a mint boxed ZX81 at some point again, think the original I had back in '82 gave up the ghost not long after the Spectrum arrived.
                      Last edited by VR46; 03-07-2015, 12:21.

Comment

Think most people fell in to one camp or the other, I never ever had the urge to own a C64 for some reason.

Unlike Soundwave I sold off all my Amiga bits, and the Spectrum too, rebought the Spectrum and sold it again.

Would like a mint boxed ZX81 at some point again, think the original I had back in '82 gave up the ghost not long after the Spectrum arrived.
                        Yeah I was firmly entrenched in the Speccy camp, most of my friends had them too.
                        Only one with a C64 & one with a CPC back in the day everyone else had speccy so plenty of lending to be done.

My speccy collection is really just a sentimental thing...it's worth absolute buttons now but I couldn't ever part with it because it was my first & it holds such a specail place that I will probably be buried with it lol

EVERYTHING else is utterly expendable & the way I'm feeling at the moment might well all be going too but the Spectrcum just isn't I love the old girl she is literally a part of my family.

Amiga was mostly my brothers, I had a 520ST to begin with but once my bro got his A600 & I started using that I sold the ST to a friend & I still miss it a bit (there is one game I had on it that I got from a boot sale but can't remember the name of it to try & track it down on anything else...was a Jungle adventure a bit like a Pitfall game but definitely not Pitfall) but we never really looked back when we got the A600 until we got burgled that is & then we got an A1200 with the insurance & that was just awesome!

I think to me I miss those gaming days far more than the Console stuff odd as that sounds but those were my gaming heydays

Neil

Comment

After a bit of redecorating, ive further tweaked the setup. Really pleased with this set up; the quality on the dell s2715 and the samsung 27c750 are exceptional. Some nice new artwork too. Hell, even the missus likes it!

Last edited by charlesr; 31-07-2015, 18:36.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nice, but I dread to think how many cables/plugs you have down the back of there.

Comment

Nice, but I dread to think how many cables/plugs you have down the back of there.
                                Its all good mate - everything neatly cable tied up, with 3 adaptors linked to 2 sockets. Everything fully powered and ready to rock! Few quick tweaks to the framemeister and fannys your uncle.

Comment

Working...
                                X