Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from Canada this morning and my scart scanline generator doofer is finally here!

It was for the little 4:3 LCD TV that I'd found I had in storage, it's been a great little set for retro gaming on as I can't sense any lag on it, but the lack of scaliness has been a killer, loving it now though!

So if anyone needs a cheap OSSC give me a shout as mine is now redundant!

Comment

Nice set up you got there Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        Just got back from Canada this morning and my scart scanline generator doofer is finally here!

It was for the little 4:3 LCD TV that I'd found I had in storage, it's been a great little set for retro gaming on as I can't sense any lag on it, but the lack of scaliness has been a killer, loving it now though!

So if anyone needs a cheap OSSC give me a shout as mine is now redundant!
        Looks great! Also nice to see the BEST slug on display

Comment

Must say I'm warming to the AES + NEOSD set up. I'd love something like that at some point.

Comment

Alternatively you could go CMVS and NeoSD for an even cheaper route Phil, though not as aesthetically pleasing! Great set up with the AES mind, and stops me owning a new cars worth of carts!

Comment

Isn't an AES cheaper than a CMVS these days?

Comment

Don't you have that pretty walnut CMVS Phil?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                  Don't you have that pretty walnut CMVS Phil?
                  Ancient history my friend

I am gravitating towards some kind of set-up again ... I'd prefer an AES but the hit & miss RGB quality makes it a bit of a crap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

I am gravitating towards some kind of set-up again ... I'd prefer an AES but the hit & miss RGB quality makes it a bit of a crap shoot.
                    Maybe drop [MENTION=285]beecee[/MENTION] on here a message, he has an AES I sold him and he had bought a NeoSD, I might be remembering wrong, but I'm sure he told me he was thinking of getting rid?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Can't you get an RGB amp installed on any model for optimum output?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Maybe drop @beecee on here a message, he has an AES I sold him and he had bought a NeoSD, I might be remembering wrong, but I'm sure he told me he was thinking of getting rid?
                        Thanks Colin, I'll drop him a line.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                        Can't you get an RGB amp installed on any model for optimum output?
                        I have no idea but it sounds like just the job, ta for the info Dave

Comment

Not the most flattering image, but does the job to illustrate my setup.

Console -> SCART -> monitor. No messing.

Comment

Watch this space, reorganising the spare room, trip to Ikea today, a few other things to do before I add the consoles

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Not the most flattering image, but does the job to illustrate my setup.

Console -> SCART -> monitor. No messing.
                              And a hakko to the left

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                And a hakko to the left
                                Good spot. FX888D, a joy to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X