Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just showed my wife all that and told her that'd be me if she wasn't so mean.

Comment

Could be picking up a BVM 20F1E tomorrow....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Is that a wide-screen PVM or just a really squashed photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
            Sold 3 cabs (not pictured) to not get kicked out of the house And they hate me a little less now.
            Don't worry, they'll hate you more once I send out those control panels I have here for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Don't worry, they'll hate you more once I send out those control panels I have here for you.
              Exposed

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post

Ahahahaha I'll set it to 4:3 just for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  Is that a wide-screen PVM or just a really squashed photo?
                  It's set to the wrong aspect. Was testing but I do enjoy how much it bothers speedy

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    I just showed my wife all that and told her that'd be me if she wasn't so mean.
                    The trick is to start small. Get one of the small cabs. Get them used to how cute it is. "wow! Arcade! So cute!". Then buy another one and put it next to the first one. They will hardly notice, because they're both dinky. Now put a tall mirror next to them, so it looks like there are 4. They'll think "wow, this place is bigger than it looks". So then you add a third. This will stand out a little. Time to move the tall mirror and buy a fourth one for symmetry.

You've successfully marked your territory now. So you start looking at full size cabinets. You look at every corner of the house to see where you could stick it without taking up precious floor space. You see a cabinet you really like and you MUST have it (Egret). You end up buying it and think of the consequences later. It arrives and it's massive - uh oh....you find a corner in the dining room which you can't see from the living room - perfect! (maybe for 5 minutes). Family gets home and says "it's too big, don't you have enough?!" - like a raging alcoholic, you tell them "I'll tell you when I've had enough!"

By now you're 5 cabs in. You've taken over a large part of the house, but you get sick of changing PCBs and rotating monitors. You justify a second Egret in your head - "yes! one for vert games and 1 for hori". You then shift more crap around the house. Redocorate, create chaos, clear the floor of old crap. by the time you're done, no one will notice the second Egret..............................

........................You've graduated to selfish prick now, so just get a third Egret.
                    Last edited by Zaki; 20-04-2018, 08:24.

Comment

Still covet those Neo 19s of yours, very nice!

Comment

Where does one buy an Egret II?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Still covet those Neo 19s of yours, very nice!
                          A few are popping up on Yahoo. There's a Dutch guy who can help bid on them and import them

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                            Where does one buy an Egret II?
                            They do come up on the arcade forums once in a while. There's actually one available now for about £1500 - a guy in Wolverhampton. But he's known to be quite slow.

Same guy has a NOS Capcom Cute for £2500. It did take a knock in tansit though:

He's on AO, Jamma+ and system11 forums. His username is thechop.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                              A few are popping up on Yahoo. There's a Dutch guy who can help bid on them and import them
                              Unless he can also build a complementary extension on my flat, I may have to behave for the time being! I'll have a bigger line-up of cabs one day, but it just doesn't make a great deal of sense with the space I have now. Bloody London.

Comment

Bloody London indeed. Tiny spaces and huge prices

Here are the dimensions in case you can squeeze one in!

646 x 520 x 1340 mm

Only 60kg

Comment

Working...
                                X