Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, posted about this in another thread, but now I'm back living in Scotland I've made the smaller part of my living room the area for films (and should I ever find a game I want to play) 360 gaming.

Biggest part of the living room is for chilling without a big TV being the focus of the room.

And upstairs, retro corner RETURNS! This is what I'm keeping after selling 50+ AES carts and many PCE titles. (Though I still have one AES cart and a load of PCE games to shift that are in a box in the spare room)

Comment

Quality set-ups Colin. I really like what you've done in your front room. I'm moving myself soon, and I've got a bit of a plan for what I want to do. I've always gone for the minimalist look, so my front room will be a TV, SONOS, and PS4 only. My fourth bedroom/den will be where I'm basing my new cab, and a small, but awesome gaming rig/office. I've budgeted for ?25k in decorating. What is the flooring in your front room BTW?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's walnut Daryl. Just finished doing the staircase in it too and it looks beautiful fitted in the flesh. Still need to stain the bannister to match the floor, and I have a bit of 44mm thick solid oak on the way to fit on top of that shelf bit, but you get the idea.

Comment

Damn, Ikobo that's super stylish. I love it

Comment

Cheers Importaku. The retro set up is only temporary, that's the next room I'm starting to renovate, but I thought I'd give myself a weekend of chilling out with some PCE/SNK fun before starting Monday. For an electrical guy I reckon I'm not a bad joiner/plasterer/painter and decorator.

Comment

I get the idea Colin. That's an abode and a half you have there. Great workmanship too. You should be proud of it. That's the same kind of decor I go for myself. I was going to go with oak throughout, but I might switch to walnut myself now.

Unfortunately, I can't play the guitar. I'm rather handy on the harmonica, though I doubt wall mounting them would have quite the same effect as what you're doing. It looks like a very sociable house though. Great for entertaining, but equally as good for nursing a terrible hangover. Well done.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

There is something in these last few posts that has made me lol quite considerably, Colin you will know what

Looks awesome though mate, plenty of room and stylish too

Comment

Haha, I do mate, yeah. Though it's not strictly true.

Comment

Firstly, Ikobo, you should NEVER hang guitars by their necks.

Secondly, your new pad reminds me of this:

"Ribbed for her pleasure. Ewwwww"

Comment

Oh the memories Chimpo.

Where's my photoshopped Shozuki? You've failed me bad and it cuts me deep bro.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        Oh the memories Chimpo.

Where's my photoshopped Shozuki? You've failed me bad and it cuts me deep bro.
                        It's alright sir, you don't have to!!

Comment

Ah, but Shozuki, I *want* to!
                          Thanks for posing in front of a blank background, by the way, that really helps!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Ah, but Shozuki, I *want* to!
                            Thanks for posing in front of a blank background, by the way, that really helps!
                            Oh no!

Comment

The good lady would like a TV for the kitchen so I have bought one for part of her birthday.

Would be rude not to test it in Tate mode!

Awesome.

I will be converting my loft later in the year so I can have a retro gaming den and I think something like this could find its way up there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                                Biggest part of the living room is for chilling without a big TV being the focus of the room.

Damn, that front room is awesome, stylish and kept to a minimum so focus is not on one thing in particular.

Would love to do some setup planning for my house, unfortunately it may be a while until i get one.......

Im working on it though

Comment

Working...
                                X