PTE27: Red Tipped Missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTE27: Red Tipped Missiles

Ratchet and Clank, the platformers series that isn't shy to experiment of use an innuendo subtitle, is 10 years old. It's releasing a new title on PSN today which once again mixes styles up to mixed reviews. What is your history with the series and which is your favourite entry?
    Ratchet and Clank
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
    0%
    Ratchet: Deadlocked / Gladiator
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
    0%
    Secret Agent Clank
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
    0%
    Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault / QForce
    0%

I really enjoyed playing through the original three games on PS2, much preferring them to the later Jak and Daxter sequels but overall the one that sticks in my mind is Tools of Destruction. That first PS3 entry was like playing something from Pixar in game form. The engine shows its wear more now but at the time it was a joy

Comment

Its funny. I got the first R&C with my Satin Silver PS2 Chunky with 2 Dual Shocks bundle on the day they came out and played it solidly for something like 6 hours. Never went back to it...

...missed numbers 2, 3 & Gladiator but rinsed all the PS3 games. They are like cartoons with gameplay. The characters are actually funny (Dr Nefarious is a truly great villain; "LAAAAAWREEEEENCCCCCCCEEEEEE!!!!") and Capt Quark is so useless its ridiculous.

I think Tools of Destruction is my fave of the ones I've finished. Crack in Time was great but the time puzzles, whilst good, detracted from the destruction and weapons. All 4 One was average and Quest for Booty doesn't really qualify as a game.

Not sure what Q-Front will be like but reviews haven't been great. Still, ?12 for the PS3 and eventual Vita version isn't too bad.

I think Insomniac need to go back to the roots of the series instead of trying to make the games something they're not.

Comment

Off track, but insomniac should never have left resistance. Tools of destruction is the best, the pirate disguise and song and tune and trying to get into the pirate HQ where worth the admission price alone.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
          I really enjoyed playing through the original three games on PS2, much preferring them to the later Jak and Daxter sequels but overall the one that sticks in my mind is Tools of Destruction. That first PS3 entry was like playing something from Pixar in game form. The engine shows its wear more now but at the time it was a joy
          You mean Ratchet & Clank sequels?

Comment

No he probably means Jak and Daxter because after the first game, both became rather similar.

Comment

Working...
            X