Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't download demo after full game unlock??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't download demo after full game unlock??

I downloaded the free full game upgrade for Double Dragon Neon when it was available on PS Plus, I didn't download the demo thinking I would do it later...

Now when I go to DD Neon in the PS Store and try to download it, it just downloads the upgrade again (about 6k) but won't download the demo (1.8GB) so I can unlock it??!!

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Is there a way to do this?

Isn't the demo just the same file but unlocked?

Comment

Haven't you got to down load the main game file and then download the smaller file which patches you the full game rather than the demo

That's what I did and seems to work fine

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
        Haven't you got to down load the main game file and then download the smaller file which patches you the full game rather than the demo

That's what I did and seems to work fine
        Thats what I've tried to do, but I downloaded the smaller patch already a few weeks ago, but didn't download the main game file at the same time, now when I go to DD Neon in the PSN store, the download link says "purchased" and when I click it it just downloads the patch file again, I can't seem to download the main game file??

Comment

By the sounds of things you are only D/L'ing the patch. You need to go into the actual store and get the demo too.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've had this problem before too.....with the old store what people are suggesting is right but with the new one it jut downloads the patch regardless if you've got the demo or not before.

Go to your download list in your account and try it from there. Pretty sure that worked for me.

Comment

Unfortunately the demo is not in my download list as I have never actually been able to download it, I just downloaded the patch at the time and thought I would come back and download the main game demo later... lol.

@ J0e Thats what I', doing but in the new design PS Store when I go to the DD Neo demo, there is only a "Download" option and it seems to just let me download the full game patch again and again

I'll see what PSN support has to say about it.

Comment

There should be two icons. One for the demo and one for the unlock.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, there was in the old store, now when I go to the demo in the new store I can only see 1 icon which says "Purchased" (Where the download Icon usually would be), if I click on that it just downloads the unlock again...

I have just been onto the PSN support forum and it looks like loads of people are reporting the same problem..

it only seems to be if you download the unlock first without downloading the demo..

Comment

Delete the store, and re-D/L it. Delete the unlock data too, and then try again.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

good idea, where do I find the unlock data?

Comment

In Game Data. It's now the second from the top underneath the Vita Application Data. This is in the "Game" row on the XMB. Press Triangle on the PS Store to delete it.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Have you tried actually clicking the one in your download list? I'm positive it downloads the full thing despite it not saying its the demo.

Please try!

Comment

J0e's idea sorted me out, I deleted the shop and the unlock, after I installed again it let me download it

Comment

Working...
                            X