No announcement yet.

PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Vita doom saying is unfounded. There is no way that it will achieve mainstream success but boy howdy is it good for niche weird games. For people that enjoy Japanese action/visual novel/RPG games it is a great system and there will always be an audience of cool F-ing dudes who are into that stuff. The PSP has only just been discontinued after all these years and there are still games coming out for it. The Vita has a wicked handheld and has a long life left. It will just be a quite life.

Comment

Realistically, how big an audience do those quirky Japanese games have in the UK? Enough to support a format? I doubt it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a fantastic machine, but as far as I know there isn't a single big name title on the horizon that the general gaming public could care about.

Comment

Got 7 or 8 preorders between now and November.

Hopefully all these niche titles getting translated are profitable so the stream from Japan keeps coming. They get lots of games released going by the updates on the trophy sites.

My backlog will take me about 2 years anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
          I had it didn't mind god of war but god of war 2 was spoilt for me with the vita's analogue stick being twitchy whilst moving over beams
          Also the frame-rate made the jumping button not that responsive on certain sections.
          Hmmm... yeah that could be frustrating.

Comment

I think the vast majority of Vita sales in the UK these days are to PS3 owners with PS+ who are stockpiling releases. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a considerable portion of people who own the hardware and haven't spent a penny on software (beyond their subscription).

Comment

I bought a vita the week before I got my ps4, remote play was something that interested me and the idea of portable indies got me going, portable Hotline Miami? Yes please.
              At the moment Luftrausers is my most played game, like crack it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Hmmm... yeah that could be frustrating.
                It was,I did launch the vita over the table at one point
                Thankfully it was ok,I've taken a stress pill since

Comment

Yeah, I don't think the general public will care about the machine but that doesn't mean that it is dead and will be discontinued. The popularity of it will drop off, maybe HMV stop stocking them but people in the UK and the States will still pick them up and they'll still be manufactured.

Comment

There's been a few interviews now where devs have said the machine is very profitable for them as even though it has a relatively small install base, the users it does have purchase a lot of content. Which is good as it encourages said devs to make more games for it in the long term.

Comment

Need for speed most wanted currently ?6.99 on vita store.

Comment

Even though it's a port, I'm having a fantastic time playing Borderlands 2 on Vita.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                          Even though it's a port, I'm having a fantastic time playing Borderlands 2 on Vita.
                          Same. It's got some technical issues but that's to be expected, missed this on ps3/360 so having a lot of fun with my commando and his turret of death.

Only thing that annoys me is the controls, my big hands are constantly on the rear touch pad causing reload annimations to be canceled for a mele.

Edit. On another note, Don't Starve has just been announced for the Vita. With that list of games from e3 along with whatever surprises Sony have in store for the Vita things are certainly looking up games wise for the console.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 08-06-2014, 12:12.

Comment

Couple of questions. I don't have a Vita yet, but with the current PSN "Japanese games" sale, I need to know the following:

1) Do all PSP and PS1 games on PSN work on the PSVita?
                            2) Is the PSVita's emulation as good as the 3DS running DS games, or the DS Lite running GBA games?*

*(I'm asking if the emulation is flawless. As a basis for comparison, I didn't consider the 360 backwards compatible with the Xbox, because most of my games didn't work and many of those that did looked crap, some having weird bits of slowdown)

Comment

Ratchet HD is fun, a few hours in and enjoying it, controls are a bit off but not a game breaker.

Comment

Anyone else buy the new One Piece game?
                                Apart from the last boss destroying me its been good fun, looks great too...guy sitting next to me on the plane looked up from his documents and asked me where he could buy a vita!

Comment

Working...
                                X