PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    Still hoping the system gets hacked ....would be a pretty awesome emulator machine though the fact it does not use standard micro or normal sd cards is a real pain
    GPD XD costs less and can do more as an emulator machine.

I loved my Vita, there were many good games, not least the very first FPS on handheld that lived up to my expectations.

Killzone mercenary is a tremendous technical achievement, but also one of the most enjoyable game designs I've encountered for years.

The wipeout package is incredible, and offers a huge number of tracks and lovely experience.

Tareaway remains one of my all time fave games, regardless of platform.

It is tragic that Sony doesn't have a solid enough market to justify AAA mobile games/consoles. A PSvita with sticks as good as the GPDXD, with an upgraded GPU would have been awesome.

But people want mobile touch games.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
      GPD XD costs less and can do more as an emulator machine.
      had a look looks a decent machine though i wish it did not try to copy the 3ds style wish it went more for a vita style machine

Comment

@ Capcom.

I just can't emphasize how much i love Tearaway. Had me giggling and laughing the whole way through from start to finish, for happy memories when i look back, it's up there with my greats, Mario 64, Ocarina, Halo CE, Goldeneye & Tearaway.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-09-2015, 16:01.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          had a look looks a decent machine though i wish it did not try to copy the 3ds style wish it went more for a vita style machine
          They do the same unit in Vita style too.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            To be honest, the overpriced memory card problem is indicative of the machine's troubled status, and Sony's own internal politics.

I would've had no problem getting a Vita and going digital-only if only the memory cards were a reasonable price - but I've not bought one because I wasn't willing to pay that kind of money.
            That's certainly true.
            A 16GB card still costs ?40 over here and a 32GB card can go as high as ?80 in some stores.
            In comparison, a 64GB card from Nippon Yasan costs ?75, which while still a lot is at least somewhat more reasonable.

The only problem with this I have is that even a 64GB card is nowhere near enough to go fully digital.
            Heck, I buy every game physical whenever I can and yet I have filled up my PAL 64GB system already and am halfway through my Japanese system with a 64GB card as well at this point.

I'd love to see a 128GB card, but that's obviously not happening with the way the systems lifecycle is going.
            Not to mention how much such a card would cost!

Comment

Hack for PS TV to play (almost) all Vita games:

Means I can finally play MGS HD collection on it.

Comment

Now the question - why was there a whitelist to begin with?

Comment

That I would very much like to know. Given that many of these games work perfectly well on PSTV why are they listed as not being supported?

Comment

Indeed. Ys has been patched for the Japanese version, but no sign of any update for the EU version.

Gonna try this hack out later today. Any idea if any of the VS fighters work with a PS3 stick? I'd presume they would?

Comment

Do not upgrade your firmware. Latest (3.55 I think) blocks the hack.

Comment

MGS HD is pretty damned awesome on the TV.

Actually it isn't. The pretend touch controls ruin it completely.
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 05-10-2015, 18:04.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Surely it would be better to just play the PS3 versions?

Comment

People still have PS3's?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Don't give me that j0e, you used to have more PlayStation gear than Ken Kutaragi!

Comment

Ugh.

Gundam Extreme Vs Force for the Vita is coming to the west, as the first non-Dynasty-Warriors Gundam game to do so since Target In Sight at the PS3's launch.

Would be cause for celebration, but apparently it's crap.

It'll sell badly like Target in Sight (which was also crap) and that'll be it; no more gundam games for another 8 years.

FOR ****'S SAKE BANDAI

Comment

Working...
                                X