• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    People still have PS3's Vitas?
    Corrected.

Comment

More PSP related. Volition has released the unreleased PSP game Saints Row Undercover as an iso for free

Comment

Hey all, thinking of getting a Vita. Questions.

1. Does it now support all the PSP and PS1 games on PSN?
        2. Why would one get the 3G version over the regular? Any good reason? I can't imagine one. I mean surely you'd have to pay a monthly fee?
        3. Do PSP/PS1 games suffer from any issues, other than certain games not being available that were released on UMD?
        4. I'm looking to get one of the newer models, in the Japan-exclusive white/lime colour scheme. Any reason not to import?
        5. Anything else I should know?

Thing is, I could get a PSP-3000 quite cheap, but I think now's the right time to go with the Vita.

Comment

You can't get 3G in the newer models. They are all Wi-Fi-only. The only reason not to import is if you prefer the idiot western X and O, instead of the Japanese O and X.

The Vita was always doomed from the day the design was finalised. Had they added two extra shoulder buttons and clickable sticks, it could have been truly amazing.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can't get 3G in the newer models. They are all Wi-Fi-only. The only reason not to import is if you prefer the idiot western X and O, instead of the Japanese O and X.
            Well that removes one decision, then. I've heard the screens are better in the older models, but I like the look of the new ones, plus apparently the battery life is longer which is always a selling point for me.

Interesting that the X/O thing is dictated by the hardware, and not the software like on the PS1/2. The PS3 can dictate it but in practice most developers ignored it.

The Vita was always doomed from the day the design was finalised. Had they added two extra shoulder buttons and clickable sticks, it could have been truly amazing.
            I suppose this is an issue when playing PS1 games? (I mean PSP and Vita games I assume are designed with this in mind)

Comment

Most PS1 games available on the store can be played but not all. Pocket Fighter, for example, can't. I think Syndicate Wars might be another. On the PSP front, there is some weirdness. For example a few of the DLC packs for Wipeout Pulse can be installed and one or maybe two can't for no real reason (they used to work when you transfer them via PS3 - have a suspicion you can't do that any more but I'm not certain). But most PS1 and PSP games available will work. Obviously not all games are available in all regions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                Most PS1 games available on the store can be played but not all. Pocket Fighter, for example, can't. I think Syndicate Wars might be another. On the PSP front, there is some weirdness. For example a few of the DLC packs for Wipeout Pulse can be installed and one or maybe two can't for no real reason (they used to work when you transfer them via PS3 - have a suspicion you can't do that any more but I'm not certain). But most PS1 and PSP games available will work. Obviously not all games are available in all regions.
                OK, another question relating to this.

I know when the Vita first came out, Sony made an effort to try and ensure that all PSVita games that got a physical release would also see release on PSN. Did that carry through? I.e. did it continue to present day?

Also, are there any major PSVita games which haven't got a Euro release? I don't mean yet, i.e. there are bound to be games which may or may not get released - I just mean were there any major titles which are now several years old that never got released.

One of the bonuses with this is that I have a bunch of PSVita games from PSPlus, and I also have a fair few PSP/PS1 games too from when I owned a PSPGo.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Interesting that the X/O thing is dictated by the hardware, and not the software like on the PS1/2. The PS3 can dictate it but in practice most developers ignored it
                  It's always been hardware based. The only time you really notice it is in Asian version games, where they'll be in full English, but it's O and X. Japanese games are always O and X with very few exceptions. One of them being the Japanese version of Watch_Dogs. The western versions of Metal Gear Solid used O and X also.

From what I gather, there are no true Asian Vita games. Instead, they are simply relabelled US games.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just looking through PSN account to see what I already have that is Vita compatible. Turns out I don't actually have as much as I expected, PSPlus wise - though I do have a bunch of PS1 games and Final Fantasy Dissidia 2.

Surprised to see Burnout Legends doesn't work on Vita.
                    Last edited by Asura; 07-02-2016, 15:43.

Comment

Having a Japanese PSN account will afford you a much wider choice in terms of content. There is so much more, it's silly.

Vita is the reason I switched to my Japanese account as my main. You can't have multiple accounts, so DLC is locked out unless you run the native country.

Clear your inbox too [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION].
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 07-02-2016, 16:55.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Clear your inbox too @Asura.
                        Should be sorted now - it was actually that my subscription had lapsed.

Comment

So the other unpleasant topic that always comes up with the Vita - memory cards.

I see Amazon have the 16gb for ~?30:

I intend to go 100% digital; I'm not going to have any cart-based games (unless I ever happen upon something very cheaply in a bargain bin).

I'm sure they vary, but how big are Vita games? For instance, I have a 32gb card in the 3DS, and that's so big that the storage space is simply never a factor. You'd have to really work to fill that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            So the other unpleasant topic that always comes up with the Vita - memory cards.

I see Amazon have the 16gb for ~?30:

I intend to go 100% digital; I'm not going to have any cart-based games (unless I ever happen upon something very cheaply in a bargain bin).

I'm sure they vary, but how big are Vita games? For instance, I have a 32gb card in the 3DS, and that's so big that the storage space is simply never a factor. You'd have to really work to fill that amount.
                            You'll fill up a 16GB card in a matter of minutes.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That price is a lol fest considering 128gb SD Cards are ?25 or less.

Comment

You'll fill up a 16GB card in a matter of minutes.
                                Play-Asia seem to have a 32gb for around ?40, so that's probably going to need to be the one.

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                That price is a lol fest considering 128gb SD Cards are ?25 or less.
                                Yeah, even after all this time, it's still a bit of a joke. I remember we all expected the slim PSVita to ditch the Sony cards and go with a generic format, and we were collectively surprised when they didn't.

Really I wonder how the machine would've performed if they'd given it full dual shock pad functionality (as J0e points out), the memory cards had been a sensible price and they'd just ****ing called it "PSP2" like everyone was expecting. That and they'd thrown the bank at Capcom to keep Monster Hunter.
                                Last edited by Asura; 08-02-2016, 09:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X