No announcement yet.

PSVita thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To parents it does though and the fact that PSP was of similar price to hhe DS really helped Sony keep up with Nintendo here. The console is the one i used to see most teens playing, yet I have yet to see a child with a Vita.

Comment

Things could all change when this game comes out!

Comment

I'm not happy with mine tbh, I got it for my B'day with MGS HD collection and Rayman Origins, which are top games... I love the machine, it has great screen quality, lovely to look at and easy to use imo... but... tbh, after having now rinsed the above games there is just nothing out there Vita wise which interests me... I haven't touched it in months. Fine, if there were games on the horizon but there's nothing! I look at what the 3DS offers in terms of the games available to it, and I just really wish I had that instead. What a massive shame for such a great system. It feels like Sony have all but given up on it...

Comment

I'm the opposite, had a 3DS and sold it last Oct, as the only game on the horizon in the next six months that interested me was Luigi's Mansion 2, did enjoy the machine for the 12 months I had it though I will say, Mario 3D and Pullblox were stand out titles.

What was you expecting to play on the Vita? was it a surprise gift or something you'd asked for?

Comment

You have to play Gravity Rush, it's a genuinely great title and you can't get it anywhere else. Persona 4 is a must play and probably the best game on the system, it's absolutely superb. WipEout 2048 and NFS MW are excellent too. I'd also recommend Katamari and Everybody's Golf for some budget fun.

Really, get PS Plus. Then you get Gravity Rush and Uncharted together, and they're both well worth playing.

Comment

I have a couple of free one month trial codes for PS+ darkangel, drop me a PM if you want one (you can only use it if you haven't used one before).
              CEX have some cheap Vita games if you're unsure if you'll enjoy any titles and Vita games have started to come up on hotukdeals.com more frequently of late.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

Really, get PS Plus. Then you get Gravity Rush and Uncharted together, and they're both well worth playing.
                I wish it was on the Japanese store, there are literally no free Vita games on PS plus here.....

Comment

Jetpack Joyride is free. Good as well as long as you change control to the front touch screen.

Played a lot of it on the iPad. Squashed ratio aside it is a solid port. Trophy support too.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                    Jetpack Joyride is free. Good as well as long as you change control to the front touch screen.

Played a lot of it on the iPad. Squashed ratio aside it is a solid port. Trophy support too.
                    Is it properly free or fremium?

Comment

Every game like that is freemium. But it's not compulsory to buy the coins, you can collect them in the game. It just takes way longer. Most of what you can buy is just a series of cosmetic alterations to Barry Steakfries (main character lol) and power ups anyway.

I installed iAP Cracker at one point on iPhone to give myself unlimited coins just so I could buy the gold version of everything to look like a P.I.M.P.

Comment

The whole game is free there is nothing you can't do without buying the coins, they just speed up the progress to the upgrades and platinum trophy really.

EDIT: too slow.

Comment

I finished it on the iPad without paying once.

Comment

Don't usually like that sort of game but played it loads on the iPad and it's really enjoyable. The PS3 version is also free and although it doesn't look quite as good on a 1080p screen but it's well worth playing and for the people who like that stuff it has a separate trophy list.

As mentioned there's no need to spend money and things seem to unlock at what feels like the right time if you don't pay for them on the iPad and I can't imagine these are anything straight ports so it should be the same here.

Comment

Don't know if this been posted already but it turns out the Vita can only handle a maximum on 100 program or games regardless of memory card size. If you go over 100 you have to delete one to get vita working again:

Sony's PlayStation Vita gaming handheld caps its selectable content at 100 items, one unlucky forum user recently found out. Despite having a 32GB memory card for the Vita with 9GB of free space left, the Vita told him (as seen above) that the device caps displayable content at 100 items. Worse yet, anything beyond the 100 had to be outright deleted, and the Vita had to be restarted -- if you want to access anything beyond the 100, you need to delete something else. Egads! The Vita in question contained a 32GB memory card with "around 50 [PlayStation] Minis, 10 PSOne titles, 20 or so mandatory apps, and 20 Vita/PSP games/apps" -- something we could easily see ballooning now that PlayStation Plus is on Vita. Management of memory card data can (thankfully) be handled on a PC or Mac using Content Manager Assistant, lest you worry that your data is trapped. Still, having to hot swap between (expensive, proprietary) memory cards on the Vita kinda flies in the face of large storage capacity memory cards, like the 32GB one employed by the unlucky person who discovered the limitation. For its part, Sony isn't saying anything just yet, but we'll update if we hear more. [Photo credit: "shagg_187," NeoGAF]

not an issue now but worth keeping in mind if you start collecting those weekly free ps mobile games
                              Last edited by davek22; 18-01-2013, 14:06.

Comment

Never really got on with the games but they seem popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X