Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...k-video-games/

CVG takes a look into the world of being a newspaper and lying about the harms of gaming
    Great article.

Comment

Timely as well, today The Sun runs a story titled Gaming as addictive as Heroin

Literally, cannot understand why newspapers aren't held properly accountable for the stories, especially after the years of bother they've been in.

Comment

New controversy over this game, Hatred:

You play a man who runs around blasting civilians for no other reason than he is full of Hate. Naturally, it's caused a ruckus.

The developers are pretty mild mannered about the whole thing, clearly having gotten the attention they wanted, saying the game is no different than others with the exception that it doesn't bother justifying why you're doing what you do. The game uses Unreal Engine 4 and Epic has already requested it's logos's be removed from the trailers.

Earlier today, Polish developer Destructive Creations announced an isometric shooter in which you violently slaughter d…

Comment

Yeah... I dunno about this one - it could almost just be a publicity stunt. I found it pretty gratuitous.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
            Yeah... I dunno about this one - it could almost just be a publicity stunt. I found it pretty gratuitous.
            Reminds me of the first Postal.

Comment

Are we sure this is real? It feels either like someone is just trying to go for the obvious controversy in the hopes of quick sales, like Postal as Briareos mentions, or alternatively someone who is doing this as a commentary on gaming. If it's the latter, the attitude feels wrong and it's too close to a real thing. Except that might prove the point... likely just someone hoping to ride a wave of controversy.

Comment

Hoping for a WiiU version.

Comment

Presume gameplay is all postal style and the graphic close ups are all cut scenes.... i.e. gameplay is similar level of violence to Syndicate (original) plus blood spatter.

Comment

Looks fun, I'd play it.

The logo rips off Doom's.

Comment

It gave me the Postal vibe too, just in a more straight faced manner. It definitely feels like a conscious attempt to get attention, I'm assuming it'll crop up on PC at some point though not sure Steam will have it

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Are we sure this is real? It feels either like someone is just trying to go for the obvious controversy in the hopes of quick sales, like Postal as Briareos mentions, or alternatively someone who is doing this as a commentary on gaming.
                        After reading Eurogamer's article, I guess it will follow the same path of Goat Simulator: joke at first (if it was in the first place), game will be done due to overly enthusiastic players.

Comment

Reckon you have to be some sad **** to be into that.

Will sell by the bucket load.

Comment

hmmm this sort of thing is a bit weird id liken it to a film like the human centipede a media product that's not very good that try's to sell it self on controversy alone. They are not going whole hog though, I'm surprised there not killing kids too (I suppose that would get it banned). I can imagine this game working well with an angry birds 3 stars type scoring system where not letting anyone escape ups your score as just shooting things that don't fight back would get pretty boring pretty quick.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 17-10-2014, 10:00.

Comment

1999: Gamers demand we stop blaming school shootings on videogames.
                              2014: Gamers threaten a school shooting because of videogames.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That Hatred game doesn't really seem to glorify violence and murder any more than your typical Ubisoft game, CoD (Airport scene comes to mind) or GTA for example. Is murdering with a "reason" or a "justification" (government, religion, personal gain) more acceptable than murdering for hatred?
                                Last edited by Guts; 17-10-2014, 20:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X