No announcement yet.

All the World's Wrongs: Games At Fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK government wants to get tough on internet trolling following the harassment of TV presenter Chloe Madeley - daug…

UK law may be changing to give police more power to locate and convict online trolls.

Comment

There's a few here who ought to be worried lol

Comment

Leave *forumname* out of this!

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
          Reckon you have to be some sad **** to be into that.

Will sell by the bucket load.
          I'm not sure.

Let's be honest, is there any difference to this and the original GTA that was released back in the 90's?

Comment

GTA's always had a strong satirical element, which changes things quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ernet-trolling

UK law may be changing to give police more power to locate and convict online trolls.
              You suck! (did I do it right?)

Comment

Yeah there is a difference, not saying GTA is great, but it is not just going round mutilating people for just the sake of getting your rocks off mutilating people.

What is next?

"The Paedophile"
                Go round and see how many children you can **** in a night?
                Double points for posting it live in the net.

"Gang Rape"
                See how many people you can rape?
                Triple Point Bonus if you can **** them over so bad they commit suicide.

Take your pick, all sick as ****, but would be defended by sad oiks as 'my right to play what I want to play, it's only a game'.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  GTA's always had a strong satirical element, which changes things quite a lot.
                  I disagree, the original games were primarily about curing havoc. The satire and parody were added in the 3D games.

Yeah there is a difference, not saying GTA is great, but it is not just going round mutilating people for just the sake of getting your rocks off mutilating people.

What is next?

"The Paedophile"

"Gang Rape"

Take your pick, all sick as ****, but would be defended by sad oiks as 'my right to play what I want to play, it's only a game'.
                  I agree that the the tone is dark, but so is every game like Batman Arkham Asylum, GTAV, Call of Duty, Bayoneta; all games where you maim, destroy and take pleasure in killing. The tone is different in Hatred, but it's still the same game mechanics dressed up.

Your other 2 examples are completely different but just as sick and amoral. Remember Custers Revenge?

EDIT: Just to add, I have no desire to play the game, but I do find it interesting the reaction it's got. So many games are purely about killing, mutilating, degrading and shooting people for pleasure, when a game is made where it takes the role of someone who goes on a killing spree, people are up in arms. It's tasteless and aimed to shock but is it much different than playing any other number of violent shooting games?
                  Last edited by Wools; 20-10-2014, 19:51.

Comment

What is next?

"The Paedophile"

"Gang Rape"
                    I'm sure there are numerous examples of both found in Japan.

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                    EDIT: Just to add, I have no desire to play the game, but I do find it interesting the reaction it's got. So many games are purely about killing, mutilating, degrading and shooting people for pleasure, when a game is made where it takes the role of someone who goes on a killing spree, people are up in arms. It's tasteless and aimed to shock but is it much different than playing any other number of violent shooting games?
                    Exactly, double standards. Besides, this is nothing new, we've had Postals and Carmageddons years ago.

Comment

Haha, you're probably right, the Japs can be a bit.....hmmm.

I think one of the problems is the graphics are moving away from 'cartoon' like, as in you have to imagine, to looking pretty realistic.

Comment

Have you played any GTAs?

Comment

What is next?
                          I disagree with this old style of argument. it's rule 1 of arguing, where you extrapolate to further extreme hypotheticals in an effort to quash something.

It's like saying: "Give people a minimum wage? What next?! Why don't we just give everyone a million pounds as a minimum wage! Better to not even give minimum wage so we can avoid this inevitable extreme."

The game looks dull, like the original Postal. It even has the same isometric viewpoint. It's exactly like Postal.

But, the developers said the following:
                          "These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct, and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment ? we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure,"
                          And I love them for this. If I have to choke down one more politically correct tirade against developer freedom, I am going to scream. It wasn't like this in the 1980s, or the 1990s, or the 2000s. Developers did whatever the **** developers wanted (unless your publisher had you by the balls, or Nintendo said no to content). Now everyone is eating dolphin free tuna and trying to shame developers into restricting their creativity.

To hell with what the world thinks; dance like no one is watching. If I ever ran a studio I'd force my staff to stay away from the public eye and not engage with the press, and we'd do whatever the hell we wanted. I'd also force them to eat dolphin meat. Daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Modnar View Post
                            trying to shame developers into restricting their creativity.
                            In most cases, I believe it would be fairer to say restricting a criminally dull lack of creativity. But even then restricting isn't quite the right word. It's more of a challenge: do better.

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree developers should do better. But usually that persuasion is through negative reinforcement (man, you guys are bad people for making that), rather than positive encouragement of flourishing and off-beat creativity (which I fully endorse).

Comment

Yep, definitely important to acknowledge the achievements in creativity. Generally, I think we do. At least here (I can't speak for the greater Internet rabble).

Comment

Working...
                                X