All the World's Wrongs: Games At Fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    We need to ban mathematics - it's the only way to stop this encryption menace
    No way - I love building catapults in Civilization

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
      Love this bit.
      That can't be for real surely?
      If it is then I am placing bets that their employees just got bored of data collecting and decided to have a game, then lied to their superiors when they were caught.
      It IS true, but not how they phrase it. I read into it a few years ago. The intelligence services look at pretty much every form of digital communication to see if it could be used in that way. Calling it "stalking" seems a bit daft.

Comment

So we scoff at the involvement of games in the terrorist attack. But how about the aftermath? Gamergaters... http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/gamer...der-jubbal-503

Comment

No words...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Gamergaters...
            Isn't that like the people saying "Muslims..." after a terrorist attack because a few Muslims perpetrated it?

I don't know what gamergate's membership is like and what the ratio of SJW-killers/anti-feminazis/beseechers-of-ethical-journalism is. Are the majority involved in the really bad stuff like threats and doxing or is that a few vocal/crazy ones?

I'm not trying to be confrontational. I'm genuinely curious. What's the accepted opinion of them?

Comment

I don't know if there is an accepted opinion. But I'd hardly liken them to a religion.

Comment

As it's a decentralised group I think it's hard to say. I'm not sure why you'd want to publicly be known as a 'gamergater' if you weren't comfortable with the mostly-unsavory stuff that they actually get attention for though.

Comment

So we scoff at the involvement of games in the terrorist attack. But how about the aftermath? Gamergaters... http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/gamer...der-jubbal-503
                  Those plugs look genuinely horrified at what's going on.

Comment

They do! Must admit, the plugs baffled me for a while. Are they floating?!

Comment

Interesting article on Eurogamer how video games fund arms manufacturers.
                      I'd never really thought about it before, but in the same way Nike want their swoosh on FIFA boots or Toyota want their cars in Forza, gun makers, such as Barrett, want their products in video games in the hope to market their product.

Comment

Yeah, this came up once in another thread in a roundabout way once. Maybe it was that Metal Gear Solid (or similar game) wasn't going to feature real weapons. Then it became clear that the licensing of real weapons was a tie into the arms industry, which is something I'm far from comfortable with.

Comment

Minecraft griefer p0wned by server admin. The reason I put it in this thread is that clearly games are evil, because the words this kid uses are pretty heavy for someone who hasn't hit puberty yet.

WARNING: Use headphones if in a public environment. And careful with the volume - this kid might literally existensialise in front of you if too loud. NSFW

Last edited by charlesr; 19-02-2016, 19:13.

Comment

Also only vaguely related to this thread, Digitiser asks: how racist is Street Fighter? http://www.digitiser2000.com/main-pa...street-fighter

Comment

Yeah, this came up once in another thread in a roundabout way once. Maybe it was that Metal Gear Solid (or similar game) wasn't going to feature real weapons. Then it became clear that the licensing of real weapons was a tie into the arms industry, which is something I'm far from comfortable with.
                              The worst thing about MGSV is that it doesn't have licensed firearms and vehicles. It would be way, way better if it did.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X