UK top 100 best sellers 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK top 100 best sellers 2012

Some great games in that list but my god that top 10, makes me glad i still import LOL

Comment

Im glad Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2 and Skyrim made the top 10.

Comment

Only skyrim in that top ten for me.

Comment

I own just two of those (43. Rayman Origins, 81. GTA IV) genuinely surprised those are even on there. I thought Rayman was a critical success/sales flop and GTA4 is pushing five years old? I would be interested to see XBLA sales figures actually since that's where my interest lies these days and I'd really like to know how popular those games really are (or just how Jet Set Radio HD so I can hope for Jet Set Radio Future HD or Shenmue HD to see the light of day).
          Last edited by Pikate; 15-01-2013, 13:46.

Comment

What a horrible year for games, no a horrible era.

Comment

'a horrible year'? This is no different from any other year in as much as the hundreth iteration of Fifa etc. outsells some esoteric beauty. While it is sad all the ****e gets bought, it is hardly a revelation.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

****ing hell. What an utter load of **** is on that list.

I only bought 3 on there: Sonic Generations, Rayman, and Uncharted 3 (which I sold).

Sometimes it feels like I'm engaging in an entirely different hobby to what the rest of the world classifies as video games. If that's representative, then in truth I can no longer tell people I "play games" as a pastime.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  Sometimes it feels like I'm engaging in an entirely different hobby to what the rest of the world classifies as video games. If that's representative, then in truth I can no longer tell people I "play games" as a pastime.
                  Is it any different to other mediums like movies, books or music? How many times have I not met people who view themselves as passionate about the respective format yet only cite the most accessible and shallow examples there are. The book lover who reads Harry Potter or 50 Shades of Grey, the music fan who mostly listens to Kings of Leon or Muse, or the movie buff who mainly watches superhero movies or other genre fluff. It's the way of the world.

Comment

I own eight games on that list.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                      shallow examples... the music fan who mostly listens to Muse
                      Them's fighting words!

I don't actually own a single game on that top 100 list. I used to own SM3DL, Mario Kart 7 and MKWii but sold all of those last year.
                      Last edited by danstan21; 15-01-2013, 18:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                        I think the problem is those games are too inviting and social experiences. To "complete" most of the games on that list (even my beloved Rayman Origins) you don't have to be great at it, you just have to let the experience wash over you. Whereas I personally prefer the relationship I have with older games. For example right now I have a Josef Fritzl thing going on with Mega Man 9, Mega Man 9 doesn't want me to bask in the warm glow of victory. Mega Man 9 wants to beat me and punish me over and over everyday and I like that, I stay in it's grip because when it comes to gaming I'm a sadist, I might as well be sat here in a ball gag and nipple clamps as I fail to get those sub 50secs lap times I need to win this race in Daytona USA while the game taunts me psychologically by chanting "Daytona" at me relentlessly. If it was Forza I bet I'd just have to finish races and it'd reward me with faster cars and power-ups. Does Daytona even have a second car? No, you take what it gives you and if you don't like it...
                        Last edited by Pikate; 15-01-2013, 18:36.

Comment

Have played 25 of that top 100, not bad at all. Some good games in there that I have enjoyed playing.
                          Only own Rayman Origins because it's awesome And Burnout:Most Wanted, everything else I have got rid of.

Comment

23 on the list for me - there are some games missing that I'm disappointed aren't featuring due to their brilliance, but at least the list isn't filled with complete fluff. I think there's a reasonable mix in there, and it's no real surprise to see that the more niche genres and titles aren't represented. It'll only become an issue if the more unique games disappear completely and I don't think this will happen.

Comment

I don't own any of these games but played four of them. Oh the joy of importing :P
                              Anyway, nothing really surprising, on that list.

Comment

Working...
                              X