PlayStation Plus - February - F1 RaceStars, Sleeping Dogs etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayStation Plus - February - F1 RaceStars, Sleeping Dogs etc

Absolutely crazy that they are giving away F1 All Stars already! Sleeping Dogs is fairly new as well but I've played that. PS Vita is well represented again - surely that is pretty much all of the decent Vita exclusives given away already?

"Open-world Hong Kong gangster game Sleeping Dogs headlines PlayStation Plus in February.

Subscribers get it free from 6th February.

Sleeping Dogs is joined by Codemasters' kart racer F1 Race Stars and puzzle game Quantum Conundrum.

From 13th February PS Vita owners can make use of WipEout 2048. On 20th February puzzle game Lumines Electric Symphony becomes available.

From 6th February to 20th February Sony will trigger a PS Plus discount of over 30 per cent on the 90 day membership offer, bringing it down to ?7.99. Current subscribers can make use of the discount and stack it on top of their existing membership."

Open-world Hong Kong gangster game Sleeping Dogs headlines PlayStation Plus in February. Subscribers get it free from 6…

We just got Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on the NA PSN Store.
    I hope to see Mortal Kombat and Lumines soon.

I think and hope that Sony understands the war is now on the discounts of downloadable games.

Comment

Some good digital discounts lately.

Under defeat HD was superbly priced during the christmas period. HD packs(jack, ratchet, Sly, Ico etc) all seem pleasingly cheaper than physical copies too. The way it should be.

...Deus EX HR less than a fiver atm!

Comment

Yep I bought Under Defeat HD for ?9.49 over Xmas, exactly the price point digital downloads need to be really, twenty quid in the shops/Amazon and half that on PSN.

Comment

I did mention it a while ago in the other PlayStation Plus thread but I thought I'd stick it here for anybody who missed that.

If you don't want to wait until the 6th to download the free copy of F1 Race Stars (1175 MB) you can download the Full Game Trial from the Store now and when the full game is released it will just unlock the full trial that you've already downloaded.

With any Full Game Trial you get 60 minutes of play with the complete game. Your game save from the trial will carry across to the full game and so will any unlocked trophies.

I've done this with a few games and not had any problems at all. It's not so bad with this game as it's quite small but if you're waiting for a 10 GB+ game it's a handy thing to know as it'll be ready as soon as the full release goes live and bandwidth always tends to take a hit on release days.

Unfortunately Sleeping Dogs (7116 MB) doesn't have a Full Game Trial so you'll have to wait until the 6th for that one.

Although Quantum Conundrum (1650 MB) doesn't have a Full Game Trial due to being a PSN game it does have a demo and separate 6KB unlock key so it should work the same.

Comment

Didn't know that trick, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Going to try that now. Thanks! Saw F1 in a few shops yesterday still priced at 29.99. Its 19.99 on PSN right now so that's about right. Really hoping all this carries over to the PS4.

Comment

Was just on the Store now and noticed a few things that are actually cheaper on there than in the shops.

Yesterday I saw Hitman HD Trilogy (RRP ?29:99) in town and it was ?27:99 in one shop and ?24:99 in the other but it's ?19:99 on PSN and that's without any Plus discount. The cheapest way to get blu-ray games was pretty much ShopTo previously but they're at ?19:85 with this at the moment.

It's certainly not uniformed but PSN seems to be moving towards a Steam type model with constant sales and lower prices.

Picked up Assassin's Creed 3 Gold Edition off the US store at Christmas in the sale for $58:99 which is about the same as it was in the shops here but for an extra $1 they also included the Season Pass with all DLC and Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation for Vita.

You pay nearly ?60 over here for the two games in the shops and the Season Pass is ?24, it cost me about ?36 for everything.

Comment

Hitman is probably more an exception rather than the rule, most stuff on PSN is still full RRP. Devil May Cry and Ni No Kuni are both ?49.99 as is Hitman Absolution.

Comment

Yeah, it'll probably be the exception for a while to be honest. Although having said that I did download Hitman Absolution, the DLC and Hitman Sniper Challenge in the PSN bundle for ?16:99 over Christmas so it's not that bad and certainly moving in the right direction.

I think things like Ni No Kuni will probably remain higher at launch is they know people are going to buy it, looking now there are 181 people who have rated the download version 4 stars at ?49:99 so although it's not loads of people it makes sense for them to keep selling at that price if that many people are happy to pay it.

Well, it could actually be more people, that's just the number who have rated the download in the UK. I know there was exclusive stuff included in the PSN release but I'd never pay that and I prefer to download when I can.

Comment

It could well be that those 181 are in europe and that ?49.99 is still significantly cheaper than what they would pay for the game anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X