No announcement yet.

90's Arcade Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this looks terrible myself. Rubbish Sonic Racing style handling and garish visuals.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      I think this looks terrible myself. Rubbish Sonic Racing style handling and garish visuals.
      Looking that way now. That almost horizontal drift mechanic is making it look like a bad Asphalt ipad game, along with basic presentation of car/track lists.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
        I liked Sonic Racing for the fun atmosphere. This looks a bit more laid-back but quite similar. I wouldn't go looking for a challenge in it but I could lose myself in the experience quite easily.

Comment

The drift system is Sonic is just skill less. Might as well just watch You Tube videos. Not for me. Pity.

Comment

The more recent videos of this are looking better, I think they've refined the look quite considerably.

Comment

Generally, I think this is looking pretty excellent. Yes, the drifting looks a bit much but I couldn't possibly see a Sonic Racing comparison as a negative and I love how that first track looks in the previous video.

Comment

one of my complaints with racing games have been lack of imagination i know with real world racing that cannot be helped as it is the nature and not played any of the recent mario kart games (As i hate rubber band AI)

But that is exactly what i am looking for

Comment

Looks fantastic but the car tyre screeching sound effects are annoying, the framerate seems to drop going around corners and the car drifting is way overdone. Overall although i love the graphics i think i will stay away unless the drifting is done away with and the sound effects change.

Comment

I like the look of it, day one for me

Comment

How can preople bitch about the drifting. Remember the original Ridge Racer. Massive amounts of fun due to the drifting. I think it looks great. I also love Sonic Racing

Comment

I love how it captures the 90s arcade racer, very much looking forward to this.

Not sure about the track surfaces though, the scaling of the different ground surfaces, throw me off slightly the way they have scaled the various ground textures, for example cobbled, stone slabs, wooden floor boards, all give the wrong sense of scale and makes the car appear like a small race car (kind of like a micro machines perception).

Still, there is time to sort that out, maybe...

Comment

This has gone quiet for a while. Is it still happening?

Comment

Believe so, but it has gone silent since the video released back in May you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              How can preople bitch about the drifting. Remember the original Ridge Racer. Massive amounts of fun due to the drifting. I think it looks great. I also love Sonic Racing
                              The drifting in Ridge took skill to learn. In Sonic it's just hold a button and turn, it's rubbish. I hate the Sonic racing games. Yuck. Amazing levels but the handling is so dull.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X