No announcement yet.

I joined NTSC-uk/BD 10 years ago today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I've been here longer than march 2003, I remember joining here when Saurian was in his prime and posting Soulcalibur combos. That was NTSC at its peak until the miserable influx of dikhedz, I remember a good few people leaving around the same time but I stuck around like a non leathal STD

Comment

Yeah I cant put a date on it but clearly the March 2003 date was a change to the servers.

Comment

20th March 2003! Ten years since 3 days ago, but that was as everyone else was saying the date of the server move, pretty sure I was already joined roughly 6 months to a year before that as-well. In fact, Adrock will remember I was still DA when I came to work at Game, what year was that matey?

Comment

1st May 2001 was the earliest you could have joined.
          Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
            20th March 2003! Ten years since 3 days ago, but that was as everyone else was saying the date of the server move, pretty sure I was already joined roughly 6 months to a year before that as-well. In fact, Adrock will remember I was still DA when I came to work at Game, what year was that matey?
            Jesus, now you're asking >_<

You were at GAME a little before I left, which must have been 2002 or 2003. Cant remember exactly I'm afraid, I'm trying to work out myself when I was there and its all a blur. You were a member of NTSC-UK a good while before I met you at GAME.

Comment

Which branch or area of Game are you talking about?

Comment

August 2005 for me - how time has flown. i remember joining after stumbling onto the forum looking for help on the US version of Resi 4 on the gamecube. the first play threads have had a huge impact on my wallet over the years - especially during the jap launch of the ds - i trust the first play reactions much more than mainstream website reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                  Which branch or area of Game are you talking about?
                  Edgware for me matey.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    http://www.bordersdown.net/content/35-About-Us
                    Is there anyway to find your true start date, before the server move?

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                      Hehe you remember that Ste-edge chap? The Internet was freaking scary back then!
                      Yeah and Phelan who was working for the Sun at the time.

Comment

Not unless you can see yourself on the forum homepage on wayback machine.
                        And it was ikonboard not phpbb

Comment

10 years at the end of March for me I'm also one of the guys who flew over from VGI (back when I was a forum spamming teenager).

I think I base most of my game buying decisions on the first plays here. I should probably contribute a lot more than I do, but I'm usually beaten to the punch by most of the regulars on here.

I love this place - it's home Charlesr, I hope you keep this place running for another 10 years.

Comment

OMG I've only been here 6 years. Such a n00b! Can't remember how I came to be here either, but glad I am. Kudos to Charles for keeping this place running so long.

Comment

Decade for me too today, thanks Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                http://www.bordersdown.net/content/35-About-Us
                                I joined when you posted your thread (with pics) about importing a Gamecube; I'd been looking around for some info & happened across your posts

Comment

Working...
                                X