Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3DS XL battery - anybody replaced with a higher capacity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3DS XL battery - anybody replaced with a higher capacity?

Ive done some browsing around different sites trying to find a reliable, reputable replacement battery for my 3DS XL. I thought I'd ask here if anyone has replaced the standard battery with something that gives more play time?

The main reason I bought the 3DS XL was the bigger screen, which looks mucb better with games like Luigis Mansion 2. However I thought the battery was meant to be improved - yesterday I got just 3 hours on a full charge before the red warning light started flashing away!

Turn off the wireless and turn down the brightness.

Comment

Turning off the wireless really helps. Also, switching it OFF as opposed to standby (seriously Nintendo...).

Comment

I always thought leaving anything on standby was stupid. Especially PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Turning off the wireless really helps. Also, switching it OFF as opposed to standby (seriously Nintendo...).
          Can you do this in settings then? My son keeps turning the wireless slider on & mullering the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            I always thought leaving anything on standby was stupid. Especially PSP.
            On the DS Lite, it was fine. The power consumption on standby was minimal; you could put something on standby and come back after days, it'd only have lost a fraction of the battery life. Admittedly though most devices handle it poorly.

There's nothing wrong with the concept; just sometimes if I'm playing an RPG (for example) on the bus to work, and I arrive at my office, I want to put the game on standby and then resume either at lunch or after work. With the 3DS's battery life, it'll have run out by that point. The DS Lite would never have had this problem.

Comment

I think you can disable the wireless fully as part of the parental controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                The DS Lite would never have had this problem.
                I have to second that. I would play for 5mins between classes and never had an issue with my lite. 3DS? no chance.

Comment

Switching it off as opposed to putting it on standby makes a massive difference with the 3DS, the battery lasts far longer. I imagine because it's continually scanning for other 3DSes to Streetpass.

Comment

Working...
                  X