X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridge Racer : Driftoptia

FREE TO PLAY!

Wooooo
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-04-2013, 18:38.

Hmm. Hopefully Driftopia refers to a more Ridge Racers (and 6 & 7) style handling model.

didn't like Unbounded at all.

Comment

Error with the video.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Hmm. Hopefully Driftopia refers to a more Ridge Racers (and 6 & 7) style handling model.

didn't like Unbounded at all.
        Looks like unbounded
        tastes like ubnounced

It's Ridge Racer : unbounded!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Error with the video.
          Do yourself a favour; go watch something else.

Comment

It looks ok. Unbounded was a fun game in it's own right.

Comment

ah, huge explosions and acrobatic cars, staples of the Ridge Racer franchise.

Comment

It's never a bad idea seeing free games appear and it's nice that it's coming to console as well as PC but I'm fully expecting this to be a combination of the worst parts of Unbounded and the worst parts of the Vita version.

The blandness seems straight out of Unbounded and I'm expecting it to expand on the Vita model and will likely include the bear minimum of tracks and cars with content being available to buy regularly.

Hopefully it won't and I'll happily try the PS3 download but I'm half prepared for the disappointment already.

Comment

Ridge is going downhill fast. Namco seem to be putting less and less effort in. Vita version was a bag of cack and this seems to be a step worse than that, going freemium. I don't think I have yet seen a freemium game I have felt positive about and, being an iOS user, I have seen a whole lot of them.

Comment

Crying shame about whats happening to this franchise.

I really would have loved ridge 8, to have been announced for the ps4, but no sign....

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Ridge is going downhill fast. Namco seem to be putting less and less effort in. Vita version was a bag of cack and this seems to be a step worse than that, going freemium. I don't think I have yet seen a freemium game I have felt positive about and, being an iOS user, I have seen a whole lot of them.
                      League of Legends is fantastic, with a right team.

Comment

The problem with Unbounded is quite simple. If I wanted to play a game in the vein of Burnout or Flat Out, I'd buy Burnout or Flat Out.

Comment

Which is also the same problem as the current NFS games.

Comment

There's no harm in Namco trying something different with Ridge Racer as it's very stale now but this feels like another miss step like Evolution, Unbounded & Ridge Racer Vita.

In my eyes, it should go in the direction of Ridge Racer on PSP with colourful course design and a simple drift mechanic or reboot the series and go back to the idea of the original. Drifting around Japanese mountain courses but with modern design.

Think how successful Sega were when they created Outrun 2. Namco could do so much with a new Ridge rather than making more sequels or having misguided attempts with changing the formula.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              Which is also the same problem as the current NFS games.

But Need For Speed has no discernable traits that make it an Need For Speed Game anyway, so what's the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X