Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What iOS games are you currently playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What iOS games are you currently playing?

I used to turn my nose up at this platform, but since getting an ipad mini to help keep me closer to the net, music making, games etc when I can't access my man cave due to heavy parenthood, I have been enjoying some iOS gaming.

I prefer my iOS games to be fun with depending on a touch controller thumb stick. FIFA was horrible with this. Shame, because it was quite decent for the price.

At the moment I am playing:

Knights of Pen & Paper - a cracking turn based battler with light adventure bits presented from a pen and paper narrative perspective (see I.T Crowd).

Final Fantasy IV - great little turn based RPG. Hope VI gets the same treatment.

Joe Danger - great fun. Oozes that "just one more go" feeling.

Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Pinball - this is awesome.

Real Racing 3 - this is a good beat-your-friend's-score game.

Ridiculous Fishing - addictive and silly. Catch fish, then blow them up!

Other games I have waiting to be started are:

Penny Arcade 3
    Walking Dead
    King Cashing
    Guardian Cross
    Super brothers: Swords & Sworcery

Love to hear what others are playing...

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
    Hope VI gets the same treatment.
    Oh man, you might change your mind if you check out the screenshots of the iOS FFV

Ziggurat and Canabalt are fantastic & really define the platform for me. The Cave shmup ports are surprisingly really nice too.

Comment

If you like Real Racing 3, try Real Racing 2. It's the same except you don't have to constantly wait/spend money to get your car repaired. Plus if you have the HDMI adapter for your iPad, you can play it on the TV using the iPad screen to show the HUD, Wii U style.

Super Hexagon is my favourite game on iOS. Groove Coaster is great too.

Comment

Originally posted by ste View Post
        Oh man, you might change your mind if you check out the screenshots of the iOS FFV

Ziggurat and Canabalt are fantastic & really define the platform for me. The Cave shmup ports are surprisingly really nice too.
        Yeah, it looks old school. Does it play poorly?

Thanks for the recommendations.

If you guys are on Game Center, please add me... hoolak

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          If you like Real Racing 3, try Real Racing 2. It's the same except you don't have to constantly wait/spend money to get your car repaired. Plus if you have the HDMI adapter for your iPad, you can play it on the TV using the iPad screen to show the HUD, Wii U style.

Super Hexagon is my favourite game on iOS. Groove Coaster is great too.
          Yeah that repair wait time is cheap. How else do the games differ?

Comment

Super stickman golf 2

Only bad thing is the cheats using smart phones

Every time I play someone the average hole is -25 under but some guys seem to get -5000

But even normal players seem to be getting every hole a hole in one but when you play online they can't seem to do it

Dirty cheats
            Last edited by buster_broon; 15-04-2013, 15:05.

Comment

Space Invaders Infinity Gene.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak
                Yeah that repair wait time is cheap. How else do the games differ?

Well RR2 isn't free to play - it's ?6.50. So you actually get, yknow, the whole game, without constant attempts to get you to exchange real money for fake finite in-game money. Well worth it imo, it's a bargain for the hours of fun you can have out of it.

Aside from that it's pretty similar, although I've played very little RR3. Basically a simplified Gran Turismo knock off where you grind races and cups to upgrade your car and access new races, eventually building a garage of cars to suit a range of event entry requirements.
                Last edited by wakka; 15-04-2013, 15:29.

Comment

Any one tried one of those 'fling' controller nubs?

Any good?

Comment

I'm currently playing KungPow Lite. It's like a HD Spartan X. TBH I can't see what the difference is between it and the paid version. Even the controls are good.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Talking of controls, does anybody not mind on-screen pad controls?

Comment

Anyone recommend any good golf games?

Comment

Check out wonderputt it's amazing.

Comment

yeah it is and super stickman golf 2 is great

but if you want a proper golf game then neither of them are for you

Comment

However if you like crazy golf where the course constantly changes with each hole then wonderputt is for you. Hmm now i think of it is there any proper golf games on ios? i have only ever seen crazy golf.

Comment

Working...
                              X