Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your favourite version of WE or PES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your favourite version of WE or PES?

I have three versions of WE/PES...PES2, PES3, and WE:FE6 myself, much like alot of my mates, some of whom have even more versions. Anyways a load of us meet up for a footy session last night, and it took us over an hour to get started, as they were raging arguments over which version we would play.

I had thought it would be a clear cut case of PES3 but I was amazed to hear two of my mates saying they wanted PES1, there were also votes for WE6, PES2, WE:FE6...anyway by a slender margin PES3 was the chosen game...but it got me thinking.......what are other peoples favourite versions of PES/WE, and why?

Mine is WE6:FE by the way, can't quite put my finger on it, but its not as "clumsy" as PES2, and not as "arcadey" as PES3..all IMO of course.

I think for me, WE6:FE (GC version) just pips Pro Evo 3 (PS2) if only because I find the GC Joypad to be so well suited to this game. It is far better than using the analog sticks on the Dual Shock (which leads me to ask- anyone know if it's possible to use a GC pad on a PS2? Any adaptors out there?).

But for the sesh's with the mates it will always be the latest in the Pro Evo series on PS2. Which is very good, save for some dodgy ref decisions and goalkeeping. You can score some spectacular goals.

I've tried to talk them into having a go on the cube, all they can respond with is 'we're not into playing with something which looks like a fisher price toy'.
    It's great too see such open-mindedness hehe.

I read some people's comments earlier about ISS 98 on N64 being the best of all the Konami footy games to date. Each to their own but personally I thought the Winning Eleven/Pro Evo series had got to the point of outclassing the ISS series, in virtually every department, years ago.

Comment

Winning Eleven 7 seems to be diverting me away from my past favorite, WE6: FE. Although, I haven't played Pro Evolution Soccer 3 but the differences between PES 3 and WE7 are minimal, anyway. So, Winning Eleven 7 it is for me .

I think WE7 has lost some of the arcade touch from WE6:FE and gone for a more realistic approach (which was intended anyway). But I think the gameplaying mechanics of WE7 suit me alot better than WE6:FE's.

Comment

WE7 here too. A definite improvement on WE6FE for me. I use the D-pad so I'd take the PS2 version anyway.

However, I will always harbour a certain fondess for ISS Deluxe on the SNES

Comment

I haven't yet played WE7...are the keepers in WE7 as useless as the ones in PES3, cos its only the keepers in PES3 that really, really put me off the game?

Comment

Working...
          X