No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was not on my radar at all, but the driving looks like rallisport which is a good thing. Defo give the demo a go.

Comment

Looks nice but even this early on I can see me just relying on the plus version at first. Would have been better at this time of year for me, it's out within the same 3 day window as Alien Isolation, Shadows of Mordor and Arkham Knight so it's too much at once already and if Forza Horizon 2 gets announced, damn.

Comment

In car view is the mutts nuts. It's the only way I'll play this I reckon, certainly the most realistic.

Comment

Looks a lot like Forza Horizon to me, which is a positive.

Comment

Is it still hashtagDriveclub?

Comment

Oddly, I have the opposite opinion and will try out of car first. Looks a bit unresponsive but maybe that's just the steering wheel animation. I just have a bad feeling about the cockpit view that I've never been able to shake off.

Comment

It just looks like every other racing game ever to me. I still don't know why it's taken so long to come out.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Looks are unlikely to be the thing that sets driving games apart these days. GT5 already made driving games look like real life 6 odd years ago.

The community aspects are the supposed differentiator in this game. how do you keep racing exciting etc? Rushy is quoted as saying that the real extra work has gone into some dynamic menu system they have for pulling together all the community aspects of the game. As a side effect all the other teams have extra time to add more polish to the graphics and physics etc. I'm excited at the potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    was not on my radar at all, but the driving looks like rallisport which is a good thing. Defo give the demo a go.
                    Not sure about that - I saw several points where brakes were applied

Comment

Ive heard a rumour that the project morpeus (the VR headset) is being tested to work with Driveclub

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
                        Ive heard a rumour that the project morpeus (the VR headset) is being tested to work with Driveclub
                        Good reason for the delay and if there's a bundle it could be a killer app at crimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Looks are unlikely to be the thing that sets driving games apart these days. GT5 already made driving games look like real life 6 odd years ago.

The community aspects are the supposed differentiator in this game. how do you keep racing exciting etc? Rushy is quoted as saying that the real extra work has gone into some dynamic menu system they have for pulling together all the community aspects of the game. As a side effect all the other teams have extra time to add more polish to the graphics and physics etc. I'm excited at the potential.
                          So it's a prosaic racing game with a really good menu system? I'm still not feeling it.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

30fps within a VR visor would be extremely uncomfortable on the eyes. It would scare people away rather than impress.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              How considerate, they have made a informative trailer telling you about the ps+ edition ****ing you over.

Funniest part is they tell you, you can buy the FULL digital version of driveclub, er isn't that what I'm doing if I upgrade the ps+ version to full game? Na, seems not.
                              Sony have u-turned on this now after, rightly, getting a lot of grief over it. After paying your ?43 upgrade from the PS+ you will no longer lose the game if you stop your PS+ subscription. Whoever thought that was a good idea in the first place hopefully has been locked in a room with no windows to think about what they've done.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                Sony have u-turned on this now after, rightly, getting a lot of grief over it. After paying your ?43 upgrade from the PS+ you will no longer lose the game if you stop your PS+ subscription. Whoever thought that was a good idea in the first place hopefully has been locked in a room with no windows to think about what they've done.
                                Plan B: It's online only , so you'll lose access anyway :P

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                30fps within a VR visor would be extremely uncomfortable on the eyes. It would scare people away rather than impress.
                                Oculus say that they want the frame rate to be well above 120fpa for full immersion, the latest Dev kit has a screen that refreshes at 75hz

Comment

Working...
                                X