No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate some of it. Decent spectators so we don't get the garbage on replays like GT5 and that last Forza game but seriously, make the stars up, Don't bother with Northern Lights etc. An incredible undertaking and 90% of the work will never get appreciated by anybody.

Comment

Thing is, I can kinda see some of the logic. In screenshots it looks awesome, and it was going to be a launch title, so I can understand what they were going for. Problem is, now it isn't a launch title, we judge it on its own merits and no-one cares about how many individual flamingos there are unless we can crash into them, feed them for some reason, or the game happens to be a flamingo simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        flamingo simulator.
        Lol!!

Comment

None of that stuff will affect sales in the slightest. I still feel it's just a massive tech demo for SCE to show off about in literature.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Motorstorm & Gotham 3 have tons of detail and still look awesome, can't see a lick of any of it while your racing though. There's only so much detail a racer needs before it's pointless as itle get missed anyway.

Comment

I hope there are no game breaking bugs in this game. I mean, if I'm in an online night time race and I'm close to the finish line and I see a butterfly in the distance instead of a moth and freak out and lose the race I'm gonna be well annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Motorstorm & Gotham 3 have tons of detail and still look awesome, can't see a lick of any of it while your racing though. There's only so much detail a racer needs before it's pointless as itle get missed anyway.
                I agree; that Motorstorm Apocalypse game handled it pretty well.

Like WaveRace 64; there's an example of something that was pretty bold and new, and looked good for the time.

Comment

Quite frankly if I can't manipulate flocks of flamingos to distract opponents then the whole thing was a waste of time releasing

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Holy crap.

And that is why we can't have 60fps. Incredibly impressive stuff and also incredibly annoying because I think so much of that is ridiculous and wonder if they could have done without it and given us 60fps instead.
                    37 points on graphics.
                    3 points on audio.

FOUR on handling.
                    THREE on AI.

Time well spent making it look pretty then.

Comment

I'd give it way more points for audio personally.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Audio in GT5 is rubbish. They need to give it more points.

Comment

This lot put 84 mics on just the exhaust. It's probably going to sound awesome through headset.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

We take a look at some new gameplay footage from Driveclub and talk about some recent E3 announcements from the team.

Been watching the above stage demo of Driveclub and i have to say it looks absolutely stunning, in some areas in really is incredibly photo realistic, the amount of times i paused the video is certain places it looks so good. Another big plus is the sounds, the cars sound very pleasing on the ears, look forward to using some decent headphones with this.

Just as important it looks like brilliant fun to play, yeah it looks really arcady but i personally enjoy this experience rather than a full on simulation. The fact they have a few months of development time left i for one cannot wait to play this in October. With this Forza Horizon 2 and The Crew being released within weeks of each other, going to be a great racing Xmas.

Comment

looking really nice.

Comment

When I played this game at TGS 1 year ago, it looked and played worse than GT5. But the improvements has been impressive. Almost console seller for me based on the latest footage

Comment

Working...
                                X