No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just about to post the same thing Marty......this time penalty 'feature' has got me massively concerned. Still, buying it regardless, but this seems a truly bizarre decision for them to have made. Perhaps it could be patched out, as every review I've read has mentioned this.

Comment

I don't see why penalties drag the game down & make a racing game (Arcade or Sim) less fun?

Comment

The Metro review is pretty brutal but seems to sum up exactly how I expected the end product to turn out like.

A game that should probably have been cancelled rather than delayed, with its complete absence of personality or new ideas.

Utterly soulless on every level, with a bland single-player experience and online options that seem oblivious to the fact that Autolog already exists

5/10
        Seems to be a common theme of style over substance with the PS4 exclusives so far. Not good enough.

Comment

Utterly soulless, bland & should of been canceled...

5 / 10.

That makes no sense!

Comment

It's worth checking the GT Review, they seemed to quite like it:

Comment

It's not a good game. It is bland and soulless. The penalties are a complete pain as there is no reward for taking a corner really close to a barrier of you run a tiny bit off road. The visuals are rough and the frame rate feels worse than Forza despite apparently being 30fps. The handling is also PS2 era Need for Speed. Basic physics.
              Not even any Japanese cars!
              Some superb tracks though. I'll give it that.

I said before, Sony should have given Evolution the GT physics, loosened them up a bit and utilised them in a game.

Comment

It's sounding like a right stinker!

Bar infamous and Resogun I'm actually inclined to agree with Kron. It doesn't look to me like XBox One fares much better but that's no excuse. Coming up on a year of almost nothing good in the high production category. Not to say I haven't had fun on the system with BF4, Outlast, Resogun, Tomb raider, DC Online and War thunder (last two are FtP) but I could have played almost all of those on PC if I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  It's not a good game. It is bland and soulless. The penalties are a complete pain as there is no reward for taking a corner really close to a barrier of you run a tiny bit off road. The visuals are rough and the frame rate feels worse than Forza despite apparently being 30fps. The handling is also PS2 era Need for Speed. Basic physics.
                  Not even any Japanese cars!
                  Some superb tracks though. I'll give it that.

I said before, Sony should have given Evolution the GT physics, loosened them up a bit and utilised them in a game.
                  Ah fair enough, I was interested but after reading that I think I'm better waiting for Project Cars. That said the only racers I really get into are Ridge and Outrun and they seem pretty much dead franchises now...

Comment

Coming from the days of pole position, i'd say it looks fantastic. Will give it a try before passing judgement.

Comment

When Sony announced this I was hyped. It was exactly what I wanted on PS4 as I really didn't want another Xbox system. Really disappointed that after another year, the developer hasn't really achieved a next gen level, or even a last gen level game.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                        When Sony announced this I was hyped. It was exactly what I wanted on PS4 as I really didn't want another Xbox system. Really disappointed that after another year, the developer hasn't really achieved a next gen level, or even a last gen level game.
                        Wow, thats pretty damning....is it really that bad ( i'm assuming you have played it?)

Comment

Yeah I have. It's not a bad game, it just felt so average. Peopel really do need to try for themselves. I honestly think that despite the lack of weather, Horizon 1 on 360 is technically better looking. The first time I clipped a corner as was forced to slow down for 3 seconds was a real WTF moment. I really do not understand a racer with such an arcade orientated path would do this.

It also speaks volumes that it even has a free version for PSN+ users. That to me, does not show confidence in a product.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                            I don't see why penalties drag the game down & make a racing game (Arcade or Sim) less fun?
                            If the driver Ai crash into the back of you you get fame penaltys and speed penaltys, this takes a level of skill away from the driver and making it a random whether you get a clean run or not, in some cases it can cost you the race if they hit you hard and flip you. This wouldn't be such an issue if fame wasn't the thing thats used as Ingame currency for unlocks.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 07-10-2014, 17:20.

Comment

Just done an hour, very underwhelming , even more so after playing horizon 2 all last week, it's not a patch on it , even thought it's a different type of game, in the end the racing in horizon 2 feels miles better . It's not bad but should be so much better as it was a launch title

Comment

Whens the psn+ demo up?

Comment

Working...
                                X