No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had made such glaring errors in my job I would have been sacked, whole thing really is beyond a joke and how long does it take to fix/add a server, not the near 48 hours it's already been.
    Hope sales of this really tank, they don't deserve anything more.

Comment

I'd say it's fairly certain it won't sell well, which is a shame. DC could have been the start of an superb new franchise for Sony. Still could be of course, but it's not got off to a good start! I imagine most people if pushed to buy a single racing game this side of christmas, would opt for an alternative.

My excitement for DriveClub was seriously wounded, but the soul still burns.

Comment

Yeah I'm still itching to give it a try but fear the PS+ version won't land until it's been on retail sale for a couple of weeks, and they can garner as much revenue as possible.

Comment

Do you reckon it'll be that long of a delay? That would be absolutely suicidal!

Comment

It Appears that the ps+ version is nothing but a very small demo anyway, so i doubt it would telll you much. just a small taster

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats View Post
              Do you reckon it'll be that long of a delay? That would be absolutely suicidal!
              God knows, lack of communication says it all really. Wouldn't hold my breath until they get a first week of sales under their belts.
              Could be wrong and it could appear today, anyone's guess.

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
              It Appears that the ps+ version is nothing but a very small demo anyway, so i doubt it would telll you much. just a small taster
              11 cars, 5 routes and 3 events so it is a taster yes, but it will give you enough to make a judgement about handling, visuals, the online element etc.

Sure if the reviews had been averaging 9/10 all these problems would have been sorted out much quicker.
              Yes I'm that cynical.

Update on Eurogamer

UPDATE 9/10/14 8.20am: While PlayStation Plus owners wait for their free version of Driveclub, owners of the full game are currently struggling to connect their copy online.

In a new update posted to the official DriveClub Facebook page, developer Evolution Studios explained that the game's servers had hit their limits and would only accept a new player connection when an existing connected player left.

"We're just as frustrated as you about the server performance issues right now. We want you to be racing with clubs and having fun playing challenges, not checking facebook updates from us to see if the servers are updated yet. We'll have more info for you later today (Thursday) so please bear with us while we work through this.

"In case you don't already know, the servers are up and running but they are hitting their performance limits, so they won't accept new connections until one of the current online players frees up their space (allowing another to join in their place, which happens automatically and player selection is random).

"If and when you get online, you should not have any connectivity issues during the remainder of your session. When you finish and disconnect, you'll free up a space for someone else. This is obviously not ideal, especially given that there are a lot of players waiting to connect, but that's how it's working right now."

The statement concluded by promising that the entire development team were working non-stop to try and solve the situation.

"The whole team here at Evolution Studios have got their shoulders to the wheel working hard to improve this situation: developing updates and upgrades to the servers - and testing these updates around the clock so that we can get them live. We hope you can enjoy the game offline while we work to improve the server performance and get you connected - and we're sorry that you're having to wait to play the game online as we intended for it to be played."
              Last edited by VR46; 09-10-2014, 08:29.

Comment

I reckon PS+ version will be week after next.
                I don't know what they expect really, they are saying there are server issues they need to sort before ps+ version kills it, surely when PS+ version does come out it's going to kill it again?

Comment

How did they reach a point where they weren't prepared for people to buy the game and populate the server even at this early stage?

Comment

Tomorrows UK launch is going to be fun then, with even more traffic trying to get online.....

Comment

That's what I don't understand, they still have UK buying and paying customers tomorrow, they will go to store pay money for a game and come home to play and what will they get?
                      They had a beta for this game for what reason exactly?

Comment

I bet they get it sorted quicker than DICE did with BF4.

Comment

I played a few races last night. PS3 visuals I can't agree with, I thought it was very pretty.

Driving is awful though. Bumpomatic cars, strange penalty system for going over corners and the handling just seems a bit 90's.

It wouldn't connect to the servers at first but then I got a green "Connection restored" or similar message.

Comment

I'll be spiting them by not getting it at all.
                            But that was basically my plan, so nothing has changed.

Comment

it looks good in screen shots but the track side detail is weird not sure how they thought they could get away with cardboard cut out trees.

psn has been weird lately im blaming Driveclub, Wednesday night i couldn't invite or join anyone on destiny, so i imagine come Friday its gonna be a nightmare.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 09-10-2014, 10:55.

Comment

Yes took me an age to get on to the store last night, but once there I downloaded the three new PS4 PS+ games in super quick time.

One out one in, what a policy, all hell is going to break loose tomorrow when people try and go online.

Thanks for your impressions c_s, nice to have some actual hands on impressions from someone on here, trust them more than the reviews.

Comment

Working...
                                X