No announcement yet.

#DriveClub PS4 (Evolution Studios)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, UK Developer so no back to front dates. And it is a Wednesday. And about the right time for the next PS+ game.

Really do need another racing game on the PS4.

Comment

I know lol, just teasing. PLEASE let it be good. I am well up for another Evolution Studios racer.

Comment

Now sounds like we'll be lucky to see this in 2014 after they've "gone back to the drawing board with it"

When on earth will we get a racing game on PS4 bar NFS Rivals

Comment

Looks like forza 5 will be getting played by me then for the forsible future, if you want a driving game the for now the xbox one looks a much better bet which is a shame.

Comment

You could well be right, I did really like Forza 5 the couple of times I've played it.

Still tempted to get the beta of this on Steam
            Welcome Home Simracers! Discover the latest insights, features, and news about KUNOS Simulazioni's games and contents for drivers!

Been following it for what seems years via iRacing forums etc.

Comment

Don't forgot Project Cars.

Comment

Always had my doubts about this one from day one

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                  Don't forgot Project Cars.
                  But I want it now!
                  Project Cars does look great in that video you posted last night, but it's still a bit of a way off isn't it?

Comment

I love that last sentence:
                    All this reminds us of something the great Shigeru Miyamoto once said: “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.
                    Hats off to them for taking the time to make the game as good as it can be and not rushing out another Street Fighter: The Movie, Night Trap or Gundam: Crossfire.

Unless, of course, they're just pending the time working out how to monetise the game like Forza 5!

Comment

DriveClub was one of the very first PlayStation 4 games to be revealed, and it was meant to be a PS4 lunch title, in order to compete against Xbox One’s Forza 5
                      What am i supposed to play with my dinner now!!! id choose Forza but i find it very hard as it is without the added stress of trying to balance sandwiches.

Comment

How bad must it be for them to "go back to the drawing board" with it though? isn't a good sign either way, they've been working on it for what 18 months?

It was planned to have a basic version on PS+ with extra content buyable, so the microtransaction part must have been sorted a while back.

Comment

a studio like that should have had a 1080p 60fps racer ready to go by now surely?

who knows, it could financial trouble....

Comment

i wonder if its a case of its too Arcadey, and Sony want a Forza beater not another Ridge Racer.

Rather than starting from scratch, Sony should dig up the grave of PGR if it wants a racer to rival Forza, (what happened to PGR after bizzare went under? is it lost to the avenues of time?

The way Microsoft ditched it in favor of Forza was very unceremonious, PGR3 launched with no publicity at all and was a mega flop, it was a very strange way to treat a franchise that had launched the xbox 360 and done so well for Microsoft.

Comment

Well clearly the game is really bad. It must play absolutely terribly, otherwise they wouldn't have delayed it indefinitely. And since it's a first party title and was, iirc, the first title ever announced for PS4, they can't just release any old crap. It has to at least be half decent. If only to save face.

I wonder if the game will ever come out now.
                              Last edited by wakka; 11-03-2014, 08:20.

Comment

I keep remembering the trailer music... how fast do you wanna go♪

Not very fast apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X