Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Forest - Open World Survival Horror

Just watch the trailer:

Not sure jungles or forests provide a very scary backdrop really.

Comment

Saw the trailer earlier today and sounds like an interesting concept, Unity 4 game, it looks and sounds fantastic.
      Possible Alpha version going to be sold with the game building towards final version.
      Also worth noting it's also being developed for oculus rift

Comment

Oculus Rift use in a survival horror game has so much potential.

There was a recent video showing players reactions to a guillotine simulator:

It's beyond cool.

I actually think rift is the thing that will get me back into pc gaming.

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
        Not sure jungles or forests provide a very scary backdrop really.

Evil Dead? Predator? Resi 1?

I think you're just thinking that way because of the settings overuse since mass foliage in games became possible.

Comment

Anyone recommend this game? The sequel just released in early access, so there is hype. The first game is currently just shy of £5 on PS store. I'm tempted.

Comment

I played it on PC in VR, its was a good fun with a great feeling of claustrophobia during the cave explorations, its has an interesting crafting system as well as plenty of areas to explore. The story is a little........... The console versions look a little rough but well worth a punt for £5.
            Go explore!

Comment

Thanks. I've picked it up and so has a friend. Co-op, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                Anyone recommend this game? The sequel just released in early access, so there is hype. The first game is currently just shy of £5 on PS store. I'm tempted.
                100%.

One of my fave games of Lockdown 1.
                Me and 3 other mates resolved to meet online weekly when we couldn't do so in person.
                It was funny and terrifying in equal measure.
                There's also a decent story and some good "Lost" twists along the way.
                Or you could just mess around building a base and zip lines or a house boat.

Really gutted the sequel is PC-only as it would've been an instabuy for us.

Found ourselves watching tutorial videos and everything. We were all in!

Comment

Played some yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Made a tree house and trying to surround it with a stone wall. Thankfully, stone spawn like crazy. Unfortunately I can only carry 5 at a time, but we're getting there. I dunno what I am doing, but I'm having fun. The building seems fun. Just those rabid naturists are a bit of a pain!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                    Played some yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Made a tree house and trying to surround it with a stone wall. Thankfully, stone spawn like crazy. Unfortunately I can only carry 5 at a time, but we're getting there. I dunno what I am doing, but I'm having fun. The building seems fun. Just those rabid naturists are a bit of a pain!
                    You can build sleds to carry more stuff, which is probably a good plan.

We went in a bit blind to the story, so freaked out when we were happily building a house and saw the local naturists curiously observing from the trees. Then the sun sets...

Comment

Does the sled not need hills or snow? Pretty funny if not

Comment

Okay, so there's a log sled that can be constructed to transport logs around for when you're building using those.

There's also a rock bag, that you can craft and then carry more rocks around.

I'd recommend building a house boat, though.
                        That was my fave.

The locals don't like the water, so you can run onto it when in trouble.
                        You can navigate around the island and you can pimp it out with log, stone and stick carriers, water catchers, food drying racks and a bed. Even a fire!

Comment

I just remembered THE GLIDER! getting the plan for that was terrifying in VR.

Comment

I've played this co-op (PCVR), I found it pretty tedious tbh

Comment

5 Best Sons of the Forest Mods You Can’t Play Without

Comment

Working...
                              X