No announcement yet.

Battlefield 4 [PC, PS3, 360, PS4 & Xbox 1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't realise that, won't a CoD game always win in things like that? Not that I'm really bothered, they always seemed to be very different games to me with their own strengths.

They've added the box art for Xbox 1 & PS4 on the preorder site now, no idea if the branding is official or not though.

Comment

Bless them, BF does very well but yep, CoD will kick its ass sales wise. Personally I'm expecting both to take a sales tumble this time. With new hardware out peoes cahs is going to be spread over alot of systems and games choices. CoDs peak looks to have passed sales wise as well and I expect without the hype machine driving BF that will carry over a little to the new game. Doesn't help that the branding of BF4 makes it look like a map pack at a glance.

Comment

Lots of images from the Alpha have been leaked:

Things I've noticed:

5 man squads[15]
        Knife and grenade customization[23]
        Variable zoom sights(14x)[53]
        Battlepacks[20]
        A redone squad spec system
        Something which looks like limited ammo for the MBT.[17]
        Looks like vehicle gadgets and weapons only need to be unlocked once, or the name for the vehicle could be missing in the alpha.[36]
        HUD customization[47]
        Two sights on the same weapon?[53,58]
        The map is called Siege and takes place in Shanghai
        Possibly an working elevator*
        Pistol Customization
        Barrel Customization
        Challenges List of confirmed thing compiled by ThatGuyWhoDoesStufff I've edited a few things on the list though

Confirmed Weapons

CZ805
        M9 Sidearm
        The Scout Elite Sniper
        The SV98
        The QBU-88 (Which means we can expect to see the QBZ back as well)
        The Type 88
        QSZ-92
        Ultimax-100
        CZ3A1
        Knife

Confirmed Sights

PKA-S Holographic Sight
        The ACOG Sight
        The Kobra Red Dot Sight

Confirmed Classes

Assault
        Engineer
        Support
        Recon(Has c4 in BF4)

Confirmed Vehicles

M1 Abrams
        PANTSIR-S1
        Cougar H)

Confirmed Equipment

C4

Confirmed Specializations

The Offensive Specialization

Confirmed Attachments

Laser Sight
        Tac Light

Confirmed Vehicle Equipment

HE SHELL
        IRNV OPTICS
        ZUNI ROCKET PODS
        GUIDED MISSILE
        ANTI-AIR MISSILE
        BURST SHELL

Confirmed Multiplayer Maps

Siege(Takes place in Shanghai)

Confirmed New Features

Dual Sights
        Battlepacks(will probably contain camos and dogtags)

Comment

The story of this games life, I've read that the skyscraper collapse in the mp e3 footage isn't scripted. The building has support pillars that once taken out trigger the collapse. Just another item that highlights how for consoles BF4 is one of the games that's going to feel like its truly different thanks to the extra power of the new machines. As usual, PC players being exempt from this

Comment

Info from AMD on the PCs that they used to run the game at the Xbox show, prices will drop but at the moment you need a $4000 PC to get the game looking as good as this.

It'll be interesting to see how the two next-gen console versions compare, I'm guessing PC will be the lead due to the PC like nature of the consoles and they'll simplify different aspects of the console games.

I wonder if there will be much of a difference between the two console versions working this way from the top down? Maybe more than if they'd developed the game from the Xbox 1 version up?

Comment

Working...
            X