Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Chain Crusher Horizon - at 3200 pixels, widest shmup ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Chain Crusher Horizon - at 3200 pixels, widest shmup ever?

I was chatting with Mikito Ichikawa, and he mentioned his latest game, which was announced last year August, and I believe went on sale in September. It's a shmup with a horizontal resolution of 3200 pixels, which is incredible. You need to get two monitors, but I believe it works with one as well. Has anyone tried it?

The point of the extra length is to set up massive chain reactions to boost score and kill bosses.

Has anyone else heard of or played it? I tried the demo, but my graphics card apparently can't handle it.

It does look rather lovely though. It reminds me of the original arcade Darius with a bit of R-Type, thanks to the charge shot, but from the videos it seems to play entirely differently.

I wrote a blog entry on it, in addition to posting here, because my main concern is that it's currently at the whim of Steam Greenlight. Which from what I've read, from every developer, is just plain nasty to go through. People arbitrarily vote you down just to be mean. Why would you vote down a cool 2D shmup?! It's not like there's a limit to shelf space on the internet.

Last edited by Sketcz; 04-06-2013, 17:33.

I'm not sure how many pixels Darius Burst Another Chronicle is, but I'd imagine that's in the running as well.

Game looks interesting though, chain explosion mechanics aren't especially common (at least not in any shmups I've played).

Comment

Demo downloaded and played once...too little to judge, but I would spend dome money on it if I wasn't already swamped by games begging to be played.
      With my setup (3x 1920x1200 monitors, with second and third angled) the action is not that easy to follow as it requires a lot of head movement, and while not disorienting, the demo fails to highlight why someone would need such a long play area...the "Tetris" mechanic of left enemies might be the biggest factor, but with just the limited waves in the demo, it's kinda hard to tell.

Comment

Why do you have 3 monitors?!

Comment

Some do for iRacing and the like

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            Why do you have 3 monitors?!
            One of them is a Cintiq, but it's a visualisation device nonetheless. And, as David suggested, flight simulations run great on multiple monitors (if you have the hardware to push them, that is).

Comment

Working...
            X