Star Wars Battlefront (EA/DICE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    Less content in the main game than most ?20 dlc packs, glad most reviews are trashing but it won't stop a legion of idiots buying it.
    I saw the original film in the cinema when it was first released (yes I'm that old). I was enthralled.

Fast forward umpteen years. I'm a nurse now. My days consist of dealing with people at their most vulnerable. Death is just a part of my job. I see people lose their independence through no fault of their own. We are overworked and understaffed. The government seems determined to destroy the NHS.

When I fire up Star Wars: Battlefront, for a brief time I am eight years old again. And still enthralled. And it gives me a brief respite from the heartbreaking realities I have to deal with. So thanks for calling me an idiot, Tobal. You judgemental prick.
    Last edited by Paulos G; 20-11-2015, 19:59. Reason: Changed 'seemed' to 'seems'.

Comment

So your strawman for over looking the glaring faults and the complete rip off price for the content the game ships with is to say, i work hard so let me enjoy my 20mins of starwars.

My certainly not a Star wars superfan to go out any buy anything its slapped on, and when quality does come i've spent on few star wars games over the years (biggest spend being my JP switched GCN for Rogue Squadron and sunshine when american titles first got released) but i certainly don't like being taken for ride, which seems to be growing trend this generation and the main reason i jumped out of Destiny which is by far, a better playing game that battlefront.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I didn't realise that English wasn't your first language. No point trying to have a discussion with you.

Comment

Discussion? You've stressed nothing but feelings so far.

Comment

Tobal, I was angered by your comment calling people idiots. It was a judgemental comment and showed a lack of understanding that different people like different things. It's fine if you think that SW: B doesn't represent good value and is not for you. It's not fine to put down other people for not sharing your view.
            Last edited by Paulos G; 20-11-2015, 20:29.

Comment

I'm with Tobal tbh. Bottom level effort wrapped in an albeit lovely Star Wars package. It's a solid shooter mechanically but it's indicative of the lazy direction games are moving in.

Comment

Okay, let's try to avoid name-calling and get back on topic, gang! Cheers.

Comment

Its a decent fps, wrapped in star wars sugar coating. The weapons, music, set pieces are all there. Cant see the problem really. Spent a good 3hrs on it last night and enjoyed it just as much as any other current fps out there. Saw star wars in the cinema in 77 and been a fan since. Yes its a bit basic, but remember its a kids franchise and its trying to cater for 10 - 50 year olds regarding game play.

Comment

Must say the true 'power' of the xbox one is pretty much confirmed as sub standard regarding multi-format ports, with this blurry, 720p effort; plays great looks abit gash

Comment

Is there anything at all for people who only play single-player?

Comment

No. Some very limited training missions.

Comment

I fancy getting this, but I don't fancy the price for a game that contains less content than other games that cost the same.

If these base games were more reasonably priced, then I would have less of an issue with cutting content for season passes, but ?55 RRP for no single player and less multiplayer content than other games at the same price point is hard to stomach.

Shame AAA gaming has gone this way.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            No. Some very limited training missions.
                            Thanks. Looks like I'm passing on this then.

Comment

Smyths game stores have this on offer until thur for ?10 along with a trade in.

Picked up MGS V from asda for ?15 might trade in for it as a few of my mates are playing it. Seems ?25 would be a fitting price.

Would not have gone anywhere near otherwise, the fact the season pass has more content than the game is pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                                I fancy getting this, but I don't fancy the price for a game that contains less content than other games that cost the same.

Shame AAA gaming has gone this way.
                                Shame the Internet is now getting full of people moaning all the time. I remember Quake 3, Unreal Tournament coming out with no single player mode and if you were a PS 2 owner not even online play and paying full price for the pleasure . But I guess that was ok In the good old days , never mind Star Wars crap like that God awful Vs fighter on the PS .

I
                                Last edited by Team Andromeda; 21-11-2015, 20:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X