No announcement yet.

PSN Store Updates: Thread 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the first month where I don't own any of the Plus freebies.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
      It's the first month where I don't own any of the Plus freebies.
      Same. Dragon's Dogma is a surprise. Meant to give that a go for ages.

Comment

I have the original which is decent. Really happy this was the Arisen game. Could of very easily been the original.

Comment

Nothing on Vita for me this month as I've owned Katamari since launch...and SFxT was wack.

The PS3 games look great though. But where the hell will I find time to play them?! Lol. You need to be unemployed to get the best out of Plus!

Comment

For me that's quite a "poor" month. Might give Giana Sisters a go.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              You need to be unemployed to get the best out of Plus!
              These are words of truth.

Comment

FarCry 3 is one of those games that got such love in the press that I was almost tempted to buy it despite knowing it's not my thing. That is good for me. Giana Sisters is good too - I backed the Kickstarter but got the Steam version out of that which is nigh on useless for me. Dragon's Dogma is great for most, but I've done it and Dark Arisen to death already.

An English version of Katamari is good though (been waiting for this!), and not having to buy SFxT is nice too.

Another good month! So glad I finally got to chucking that 1TB drive in my PS3. If anything I may regret not going larger...

Comment

Can someone enlighten me how each month's freebies work? I joined the Japanese service a few days ago and got Lumines and Rayman for the Vita.

Today it's been updated, Gravity Daze is now available - Rayman has gone but Lumines is still there. Same with PS3 - some new, some gone, some still there. It looks like there isn't one specific date each month where everything changes, are games available on an individual time-frame basis?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                    Can someone enlighten me how each month's freebies work? I joined the Japanese service a few days ago and got Lumines and Rayman for the Vita.

Today it's been updated, Gravity Daze is now available - Rayman has gone but Lumines is still there. Same with PS3 - some new, some gone, some still there. It looks like there isn't one specific date each month where everything changes, are games available on an individual time-frame basis?
                    I can't speak for the Japan PS Plus service but I imagine its similar although different dates it seems.
                    Beginning of each month for UK/US you get 4-5 games (mix of PS3/Vita) for free to download and the previous months games will typically be unavailable to download for free. As long as you put the games you want in the cart and 'buy' the free games they are yours to keep as long as you keep your subs renewed. You don't have to download everything at once you can download from your download list at a later date as long as you 'bought' them.
                    Most games are available for 1 month, except the core PS Plus (i.e LBP Karting, XCOM, Uncharted 3) games which are available for 1 year and then change.

Comment

So by those rules then I guess the core PS plus games are just different for Japan (Lumines must be one of them as it's still there - the three you list are not available at all)

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post

Imagine a window looking down on a conveyor belt of games, but there's also a table there with some other games on. Anything you have ever seen (and 'bought') whilst visible through that window is yours to play whilst your subscription is valid.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                          Imagine a window looking down on a conveyor belt of games, but there's also a table there with some other games on. Anything you have ever seen (and 'bought') whilst visible through that window is yours to play whilst your subscription is valid.
                          Aye, it's a good idea to "purchase" all the freebies you may not even play, just in case one day you might. I.e you have kids who may wanna play in the future or something.

Comment

Do you have to actually start the download or is just going to the screen with the option enough?

Comment

Start the dl then immediately cancel it if you don't want it there and then.

Comment

I have a small hard drive in my fat PS3 and I can only really host one game at a time.

I still "bought" the free games and then got the "not enough space" message, but when I browse the Playstation store, they're all classed as "purchased".

You should be fine, Darwock. I've started hoovering up the new games when they come out each month in case there's a month with nothing I want to play. That's unlikely though as there's usually something for everybody!

As for this month, can anybody quickly summarise Dragon's Dogma? Is it co-op?
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-09-2013, 12:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X