Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GWG Games with Gold Xbox LIVE - GOLD Subs - Free game every 1st and 16th of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hate to be cynical but when i see games like #IDARb there is this nagging feeling in my mind saying i did not get a xbox one for games like that

Comment

Well what did you buy an xbox one for?
      Are you saying these games not allowed to be made and shouldn't be on xbox one?

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
        Well what did you buy an xbox one for?
        Are you saying these games not allowed to be made and shouldn't be on xbox one?
        killer instinct

they should exist and there great fun but in my mind if these games are being made for a next gen console by a little indie developer i would have thought financially they would be best to go with the higher userbase of the previous gen. Also i was playing super time force on the xbox one which is great fun and the wife came in and said "oh are you playing one of your older consoles "

I dunno really it is hard to describe what i do not like i am just wondering what would happen in the 16 bit era if games came out that are like atari 2600 games

I suppose in a way i am all into aesthetics and i feel that a lot of these indie games are using the retro look in a lazy way when game one game does it right such as shovel knight there are many that are doing it in a way i really do not find appealing
        Last edited by eastyy; 28-01-2015, 17:35.

Comment

That's a huge shame as idarb is an absolutely fantastic game to play.

Comment

It's not my sort of game either eastyy, sure the reviews I saw for it online today were 7/10, like PS+ you have to take the poorer months with the better ones and over the course of 12 months it's still great value - even if you're a fussy git like me

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              I dunno really it is hard to describe what i do not like i am just wondering what would happen in the 16 bit era if games came out that are like atari 2600 games
              The **** would hit the fan. That's what would have happened. I'm with you regarding these poor looking games. I understand that the indie developer has limited funds, time and resources but on the other hand I don't want this stuff on my powerful next gen console listed as "normal" games. If there was an indie section like the 360 had I'd be a lot more happy

Comment

giving one old indie game seems a bit tight too, i havent really played anything on games with gold the last few months, but saying that i haven't played ps+ stuff either

Comment

Nah, it's the way to go. Give the indie guaranteed income from MS and get everyone accustomed to getting a low value game.

Comment

That's one way of looking at it. Actually, Riptide 2 should have went straight to Gold IMO It is just a mobile game that's been stripped down after all.

Comment

Yes I bet it when an Indie Dev gets the email/call about having their new release go on Gold/PS+, would love to know what sort of deals they get ie is it x amount per download or a flat fee etc.

Some of these Indie games get very low download numbers - just going numbers of reviews posted and how many people have played them on the trophy and achievement sites.

Comment

Possibly March's games

We're hearing that Rayman Legends will be free on Xbox One for the entire month of March, and #IDARB will remain free until the end of March, too.

On Xbox 360, we're told that Tomb Raider will be free for the first half of the month, then on the 16th, Bioshock Infinite will take its place.

Comment

Then apparently in April there will be double games

Comment

Rayman Legends is very welcome

Comment

Did anyone play #IDARB? It was pretty fun - me and my boy played online and beat the first team we encountered. But son didn't want to play any more. Oh well.

Comment

Idarb is brilliant, simple but really tactical and competitive

Comment

Working...
                                X