Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8GB Wii-U worth it?

As above really.
    Thinking of picking one up mainly for Pikmin 3.
    They're ?150 new in BB still, so wondered if it's worth it - are there any disadvantages other than 3gb of usable space and a few less bits. Was thinking of picking up a second-hand premium as they float on the forums for around ?170ish, so wondered if that would be the better buy - although I'm a bit of a Club Nintendo point tart, hence the desire for a new one
    Last edited by Escape-To-88; 04-08-2013, 16:12.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Personally, I'd go for the premium as your right, they can be had cheaply too, even if you go for one new. The difference isn't just the space, the premium also comes with a Pro Controller, which is useful, plus stands and other stuff.

Course the actual space is small regardless, but you can attach a USB hard drive to either version.

I still think the machine is going to continue to get cheaper though, plus there isn't much worth owning - you might be better off waiting still...

Comment

Blockies are notorious for cancelling orders due to stock mind, there is one on here at the moment that is a better deal than blockies iirc

that one

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

its only 1000 stars for a new Wii-U and you have to link it and can only do it once.
      Im on my 3rd one and its a pain in the arse by now tbh just buy 1000 points for ?4 or something off eBay
      Last edited by ETC; 04-08-2013, 16:56.

Comment

I think the 8GB Wii U is a better deal than the 32GB, especially if Nintendo Land don't float your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          I think the 8GB Wii U is a better deal than the 32GB, especially if Nintendo Land don't float your boat.
          I have had both I would buy a premium if I had to again (pre owned if its down to cost) they are indestructible anyway (probably when did you last hear of NCL harware fail)and the charge cradle and 25gb makes it just about worth the extra few quid

Comment

Go Premium. If you can find a ZombiU bundle then that will come with a Pro Pad.

Normal Premium machines don't.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
              I have had both I would buy a premium if I had to again (pre owned if its down to cost) they are indestructible anyway (probably when did you last hear of NCL harware fail)and the charge cradle and 25gb makes it just about worth the extra few quid
              Apart from that one you had that bricked of course ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                Apart from that one you had that bricked of course ;-)
                Heh heh yeah

Comment

Working...
                X