Hero Bank, a new SEGA game that isn't Sonic lol Gasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hero Bank, a new SEGA game that isn't Sonic lol Gasp

Looks like a new RPG from SEGA and it's not based on any existing game YAY, looks intriguing & seems to be a bit like Kochikame in the regard of been money based & trying to amass as much money as you can. Out on 3DS in Dec.
    ヒーローバンクチャンネルはヒーローバンクの最新情報をお届けします!

Last edited by importaku; 10-08-2013, 17:14.

World's most amazing eyebrows at 1:50! Looks cool.

Comment

No real idea what's going on but I like the character designs. Wonder if it will get a translation...

Comment

Sega exporting a new game that isn't Sonic? That would be great news.
        Although the game seems aimed at young audiences, I would be surprised if it's not linked to any other card/anime/manga spin-off.

Comment

Yup it's very much aimed at the shounen market, the website pretty much is linked with corocoro so i know there is probably a manga strip for it already. I'll most likely end up picking it up as i find i tend to like these kinds of games, Bonbita, penguin no mondai, keshikas kun, dangerous jiisan are all series from corocoro that ended up as great games. Penguin no mondai had a couple of boring ones but the penguin no mondai the world/the wars are excellent rpg battle game.

From what i can make of the trailer looks like he has a billion yen debt to pay off, he hopes to do this by competing in the hero bank. The hero switch only last for a limited time so you have to battle in the flashiest way possible to get the audience on your side. The better you do the more money you will win from the battle, thats what the fluctuating amount at the top of the screen is.
          Last edited by importaku; 11-08-2013, 11:29.

Comment

Ah some new vids, it's looking like fun. Pleeeeeease Sega, don't screw it up.

Cool opening intro video

More video of how it plays

Comment

More fun developments, seems Sega has some interesting characters in hero bank, looks like if you preorder you can get a couple of cards to unlock some interesting characters to battle as.

First is Keshikaskun who is from the wold of corocoro comics, the second is Segarion who seems to be made of old Sega hardware, his head looks suspiciously MD related & there's saturn parts on his body too lol.

Comment

And a Dreamcast belly. What is the chance of a UK release for this? haha

Comment

Im rather liking the saturn jetpack & mastersystem controllers hidden on his legs. He's like a Sega walking history lesson hehe. Uk release might happen it's not that bizzare that it couldn't work over here.

Comment

Well i found out there was a demo today spent the morning sat in bed playing it, the battle system is really fun & very flashy. As you beat characters in battle the owners give you their data so you can summon them as a costume the next time you battle however theres a catch, some characters can only remain in the ring for a set time limit before they get exhausted so you have to plan carefully if you use one.

Everything during a match costs money, moves, blocking, transformations. You can go up on one of the posts in the corners of the ring & start pimping the audience for money but you have to be careful as if you are up on a post when the cpu attacks then you get knocked down & are helpless. There is a layer of strategy involved as the people you battle have elemental attributes so transforming into a costume witha stronger element helps out. Also there seemy to be some form of limitation to how many costume changes you can do in a match. I noticed that there are shirts on the main screen outside of a battle & as you play matches they get dirty, im assuming if they all get dirty then you can't summon any characters for a costume change. There was a hero washer in the school that looks like a washing machine so i ran my costumes through to get them all sparkling again.

The demo ends when you have fought all 5 opponents, as a cool bonus for completing the demo you get clear data that you can use in the retail version of the game it unlocks a character called Joker who is from corocoro comics.

So far im pleasantly suprised by how good it is, Sega are onto a winner here. I can see it doing well, the anime/manga/arcade is already on the way & im going to guess that once all the media hits then things will get really interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X