New Microsoft Ban Hammer Strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
    I set up a Czech & Hungarian account to get a few games that were cheaper in those regions than here in 'the jolly old uk'. I wonder if I'll get banned even tho i didn't download free games?
    Yeah there's a good chance your console will be banned mate.

Chimpo - nah Dead Rising 2 is a legit copy - and I'm currently downloading all my previous crap to my spare xbox and copying over saves etc.

Goemon - yes, although I was caught out I'm with Microsoft. It was a dodgy method to get free games - so should be rep remanded. If they banned my original account though I would be a bit gutted, but as long as I could still play games I purchased then it wouldn't be a massive hardship.

Comment

In that link theres a lot of people now saying that its due to people accessing their account on a different console then downloading the free content

Comment

Microsoft hates its users.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
          In that link theres a lot of people now saying that its due to people accessing their account on a different console then downloading the free content
          I wish I could use my overseas accounts to share everything on my PS3 in the bedroom and the one in the games room. Oh, wait......

Comment

MIcrosoft deserve to be praised for finding new ways to save their customers money.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
              MIcrosoft deserve to be praised for finding new ways to save their customers money.
              Really is a silly thing to do so close to there console launch, things where picking back up for them after there dreadful E3, stupid idiots, lets wipe out a few more preorders by banning a ****load of consoles, I've set up a US account on my ps3 for demos and its never been a problem, likewise i have a US apple account for the free ios stuff that is released over there and not here.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                For goodness sake. This can't be real can it? Unless it's an attempt to get people ordering XboxOnes....
                "You stole this thing we are giving away!!!"
                Erm wouldn't this send people to Sony?

Comment

Wonder how indepth they go?
                  I got that Yaris game years ago but never bothered with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    ****, I have a UK Gold account that I use to buy Xbox arcade stuff that doesn't get released here. I also did download a few free games to that we never got in Japan. I sure as he'll hope my 360 isn't banned. It was working last night.
                    You should be fine mate - I've been doing the same, albeit the other way round, for many years. I think this is more about people abusing incorrectly setup marketplaces to get full 'Games on Demand' for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      You should be fine mate - I've been doing the same, albeit the other way round, for many years. I think this is more about people abusing incorrectly setup marketplaces to get full 'Games on Demand' for nothing.
                      From what I've read, it seems more about sharing the stuff on multiple consoles no?

I have that Gundam Battle Operation game that is free on the JPSN on both of my consoles, if they were on 360's, chances are I'd probably be screwed.

Comment

Koppo's tale would suggest otherwise - no sharing across multiple consoles and so on, just downloading free games from Bosnia (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by GluedOnBeard View Post
                          Erm wouldn't this send people to Sony?
                          Well so far I haven't been banned. However if I do get banned then yes that's exactly what I'll be doing

Comment

Well I'll be Jtag-ing my current console to use as a media center/emulator haven. I do think the timing is pretty terrible, however I would imagine that ubisoft and WB would be screaming at Microsoft to get this fixed - I'd also imagine some kind of fines would be in place too.

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                              I do think the timing is pretty terrible
                              We've alienated our userbase so much that we're driving a massive chunk of gamers to the PS4, so let's limit the damage by banning a load of them!

Comment

If they do ban me then they've already got 11 months worth of my gold as I've only just renewed.

If the games that i'd bought had had an international same price in points then I wouldn't have bought them from Czech/Hungary marketplace in the 1st place as they were ridiculously low compared to here

Comment

Working...
                                X