Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XII Stag - Anyone got this or played it yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell YEAH!

I need some of that at home !

Comment

Initial reader impressions of XII Stag by 05pro (JAPJAC forum) - thanks

SD Mini Impressions based on about 20 mins play...

Good game, looks and sounds nice. Graphics are bright to begin with, getting a bit darker on later stages. Stage 3 on looks to be a bit Twin Cobra / Raiden ish with tanks, planes etc. The darker colours look really deep and high res.

Side to side waggling can be set to a button for those without a joystick (or fast thumbs), just turn it on in the options (all English). Killing enemies with side shots adds to a score chain, which goes up to 12, hence the name. After a second or so the chain begins to drop until you kill more enemies DDP style, only better implemented IMO.

Levels are quite short and the bosses don't last too long, so no 30 min boredom battles G-Darius style.

So far so good and a great warm up for DDPdoj in a couple of weeks time. I'll put some more up during the Sunday Service.

Comment

Short impressions after a day with XII Stag by Triangle Service.

Your firepower has five levels that you build up by taking the blue dots.

By wiggle the joystick can you perform the SIDE ATTACK and BACK FIRE ATTACK. This attack also builds up the 12 stages that multiply your score by the STAG your in.

XII Stag has 8 short to medium long levels which some are very hard in easy settings.

As a vertical shooter has it a very good default display mode for you who can?t play in Tate mode.

Comes with an Internet ranking mode that I will use and you can only obtain the hi-scores passwords if you set the RAPID SIDE ATTACK by ONE button config OFF. So you can?t be lazy if you want to climb in the charts.

So far fun, and it delivers what a shooter should do; game system, smart bombs, lots of enemy bullets and crazy end bosses.

Comment

If someone care do I really enjoy this game, had a long session with it tonight, getting hold of the system is really rewarding.

Maybe you noticed the diagram, it shows a bit of every level and how you have performed. It?s challenging to work the game so the diagram continues to have a positive curve. The other line in the diagram shows the best player from the chart to compare against.

BTW the Internet ranking was only for Japanese players

I have no complains

Comment

Working...
          X