Edge Issue 260 December 2013 Review Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge Issue 260 December 2013 Review Scores

On the cover this month Face-Off Xbox One Versus Playstation 4.

Reviews -
    Beyond: Two Souls - 5
    Card Hunter - 8
    Pokemon X/Y - 8
    Rain - 5
    Sonic: Lost World - 4
    Wii Party U - 4
    Sokobond - 9
    Ooki Bloks - 8
    Where's My Water? 2 - 4

Also in this month is 20 Best Games of our lifetime,

Originally posted by NoelEdwards View Post
    On the cover this month Face-Off Xbox One Versus Playstation 4.

Reviews -
    Beyond: Two Souls - 5
    Card Hunter - 8
    Pokemon X/Y - 8
    Rain - 5
    Sonic: Lost World - 4
    Wii Party U - 4
    Sokobond - 9
    Ooki Bloks - 8
    Where's My Water? 2 - 4

Also in this month is 20 Best Games of our lifetime,
    Run for cover!

Decent score for X and Y though, rightly deserved.

Comment

Sounds a bit harsh for Sonic and Wii U Party.

Comment

Woah. Was going to buy Beyond today. Won't bother now off the back of that number.

Thank God for Edge.

Comment

A five for rain gah stupid edge id cancel it if i could be arsed

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
            Sounds a bit harsh for Sonic and Wii U Party.
            Yeah was thinking that myself, I was going to pick these up around / after xmas hoping they would be decent. Will have to investigate further now.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
              Yeah was thinking that myself, I was going to pick these up around / after xmas hoping they would be decent. Will have to investigate further now.
              Sonic seems to get between 4's and 8's everywhere, think people were expecting a Mario Galaxy beater, which was never going to happen.
              A demo came out in Japan, don't know why it didn't hit the eShop over here yet.

Nintendo can't have messed up Wii U Party that much surely. The missus still plays the original at home, games can seem to go on for a lifetime though.

Edit: Famitsu Wii U Party scores

Wii Party U (Wii U) – 9/8/8//9
              Talks about opposite ends of the scale.
              Last edited by VR46; 23-10-2013, 11:54.

Comment

Played Sonic last month and it is a good game. Easy 7.

Comment

Microsoft have turned this months edge into one of them Cosmo style magazines there's about 6 double page spreads in quick succession, all for the xbox one and its games including that awful text heavy info add that smacks of damage control.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 23-10-2013, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    Microsoft have turned this months edge into one of them Cosmo style magazines there's about 6 double page spreads in quick succession, all for the xbox one and its games including that awful text heavy info add that smacks of damage control.
                    That's a puzzlingly cynical view, especially when this issue says that PS4 has the better cloud tech.

Damage control?

Comment

Microsoft dropped a few clangers earlier in the year.

Comment

That Sonic review?

Why exactly??

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          That's a puzzlingly cynical view, especially when this issue says that PS4 has the better cloud tech.

Damage control?
                          Have you seen that text add,

next gen graphics supports 1080p and 60fps, more Choice, buy, sell, trade, or give away your game disks, biggest multiplatform??? Ect ect,

I've never seen anything like it why would they need to do such a text heavy add? The hardcore know theirs been uturns and the rest probably don't have a clue about this stuff
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 24-10-2013, 10:29.

Comment

Common sense says that a snappy advert with bullet-points and a big picture is always more effective than a long-winded, text-heavy article.

However, research has repeatedly proven that the latter style can be more effective at selling because by the time the reader has got to the bottom of the article, they've already made their mind up that they want what it's selling:

With targeted marketing, you can say a lot more about your product to your intended audience. People can skim the headline and photo if they're not interested, but quite often people will want to read more. Take, for example, this camera advert in a camera magazine:

I imagine in a wordy and verbose magazine such as Edge, I imagine most readers are used to more text than screenshots to sell a game, so a longer and wordier advert will probably have some success.

In TOTAL XBOX ZONEZ magazine, however, a picture of a man playing football, shooting a big space rifle in one hand and holding something shiny shiny in the other will probably sell the console faster than tracksuits on Employment Seekers Allowance day.

Comment

i want that haircut!!! your right wordy ads do work.

Comment

Working...
                              X