No announcement yet.

Why no Ridge Racer (1) HD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought daytona usa hd as well, it's awesome. Sega are doing really well off their digital stuff in my opinion.

Comment

Absolutely, it was a really well done port.

Comment

I only played shortly, but for me Daytona needs a wheel. Just doesn't feel right on a pad. Great port with HD makeover though.

Comment

Once you get over that initial feel it does become really fun to play. Stick with it a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
            And me (on XBLA). If you ignore Mario Karts it's the only racing game I've ever bought actually,

As for Ridge Racer, I'd much prefer Ridge Racer Type 4 HD or Sega Rally 2 HD or Scud Race HD but that's probably because people who's opinions I value always bang on about them. They could turn out to be crap, I always think an HD version of Super Mario 64 would be crap after the joys of Super Mario Galaxy, I think a lot of games are better left in the past.
            Please no.

Comment

The ridge series officially died after namco handed the franchise over to that Swedish team. What a waste. Nothing beats RR7, a real shame we arent seeing RR8 for the ps4 at launch.....

Comment

^^^^^
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ridge died when the PSP game hit. After that, even Namco game was identical.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    The ridge series officially died after namco handed the franchise over to that Swedish team. What a waste. Nothing beats RR7, a real shame we arent seeing RR8 for the ps4 at launch.....
                    Bugbear Entertainment is actually from Finland, not Sweden.

Comment

Their games are decent too.

Comment

Unbounded was a fine game & i imagine Driftopia is too if you don't already own Unbounded. Just isn't Ridge Racer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                          Bugbear Entertainment is actually from Finland, not Sweden.
                          Oops, Finland it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            Unbounded was a fine game & i imagine Driftopia is too if you don't already own Unbounded. Just isn't Ridge Racer.
                            It not a bad game in its own right, but as you say it aint ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              Driftopia is not great first theirs the free to play model (you get so many free repairs a day then you have to purchase them in packs) its more like Burnout than Ridgeracer it has take downs and destructible scenery and shortcuts, then theirs the second problem, its fine to crash through a solid wall but go into a corner too fast and brush a wall and your wrecked, and have to start the whole race again.

there some serious Superman Kryptonite ****e going on car takedown "yeah i can smash you about all day" solid wall shortcut "no problem" brush wall "oh man my car just exploded like its made of glass???"

its like they had to put this in as otherwise they would have made no money from purchasing repair tokens, the whole game just seems at odds with itself
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 06-11-2013, 12:08.

Comment

Working...
                              X