Everything we love about Next Gen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything we love about Next Gen!

I have enough stress in my life that I need my hobbies to be a source of happiness and enjoyment. We have had quite a bit of negativity lately, so let's post what things have impressed us so far in Next gen. Concrete things that are confirmed.

For me the first two that come to mind are Remote play and 8GB memory in both consoles.

Remote Play - so excited about this. There's times when I just want to chill out on the couch, or in bed...and now I can...but with the power of PS4 in my hands. How will I control such power?!

Free Games - coming from over a decade of XBOX, I will be jumping back into the world of Playstation home consoles, having completely skipped the PS3. I'm looking forward to having a good number of next games for free from the start, either F2P or PS+. What I'm most excited about is trying out games I would never normally buy. People say next gen launch titles are weak...but in my opinion, there has never been SO MUCH to play at launch.

Comment

Remote Play is a big deal for me too. With the prospect of my fianc?e moving in with me, Remote Play on the Vita will surely become vital for getting some PS4 play time in without occupying the TV.

I'm just pleasantly surprised by how power the machines are. For example, I expected 2GB RAM, and yet we have ended up with 8GB in both formats, The power of the machines is incredible for the price, and I really can't wait to see what developers are able to produce over the next few years.

Comment

Remote Play (conceptually)
        8GB GDDR5. The potential of this.
        Share button functionality. Not intending to become a youtube celebrity but being able to show mates at work stuff is cool.
        Viewing friends' games
        Play before finished downloading

EDIT: Good thread. Needed.

Comment

Remote play is potentially excellent.

Guerilla for putting depth back into the FPS genre with fairly open level design in a scripted campaign.

Sports games are better than ever.

Nintendo games look amazing in HD.

Comment

Another vote here for remote play but via a vita tv which will be easy to carry about and can use a dual shock with!

Comment

Long launch weekend off work!!

Comment

I'm looking forward to catching up with PCs albeit briefly and seeing some amazing details from devs than can afford it.

Comment

I second Guerrilla pulling out all the stops and providing what looks to be an actual proper next gen experience on launch day.

Comment

Originally posted by 25.05.2005 View Post
                    People say next gen launch titles are weak...but in my opinion, there has never been SO MUCH to play at launch.
                    I'm with you here. People have been quite critical of the amount of 'cross-generation' titles, but I really see it as a positive.

It avoids a situation where we have a handful of mediocre launch titles and then a post-launch drought. It enables developers and publishers to more easily make the transition to the next generation. Sure, these games can be played on current generation formats, but the next generation versions will be superior by default. It gives people a wide range of titles to play at launch that would otherwise not exist - the likes of CoD, Battlefield and Fifa would have remained current gen, and the launch lineup would have been very sparse indeed. Much like launch lineups of the past.

If the cross-generation titles gives me a wider range of games to choose from, I'm all for it.

Comment

Remote play if it works as I'm hoping

Brand new shiny box under the TV

Booting up the new console for the very first time

Playing exploring and playing around with settings and in terms of Xbone, testing out the voice controlls, Xbox on

Cannot wait, the next two/three weeks are going to drag.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                        Cannot wait, the next two/three weeks are going to drag.
                        Spare a thought for those of us who have to wait until 22nd February.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                          Spare a thought for those of us who have to wait until 22nd February.
                          Lol when u put it like that then I'm grateful for three weeks

Comment

Instant loading of games, no loading logos and background installs have me hyped too. As per above, it's also the best lineup of games I've ever seen for a console launch, (for my tastes). I also can't wait to finally play 60fps battlefield with 64 players and no concerns about software drivers, settings or any other PC hassle!

Comment

While I have little interest in online play myself, the fact that even at launch we're seeing games with 64 player multiplayer really highlights what a move forward this generation could be.

Comment

Working...
                              X