Kinect Sports Rivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect Sports Rivals

Downloaded the preseason, can't get it to work. Anyone else having a problem? Sits there on the start screen, no amount of waving my arms ariund, yelling start or pressing the controller gets it tomwork....

I can't get it to work either. I tried calibrating the Kinnect but I just think my room is too small. Oh well. I have Killer Instinct to play. No great loss.

Comment

I think i had to press down or right to select the start button on the screen, then A.
      I dont remember having to do that the second time i loaded it though.

Comment

To engage kinnect you have to stand with your hand up, palm facing the screen. Then the icon should appear on screen.....glad it doesnt tell you any of this in the game...useful.

Comment

I just use the pad to jump down to the start button

Comment

Not exactly a glowing review from Eurogamer sadly. 6 out of 10.

Rare's sports anthology struggles to make a case for motion control games and Kinect 2.0.

Comment

it seems to be getting 6 or 7 all over the place, surely we cant be suprised, as Kinect will always be a useless item, if i want ot play a game, i dont wont to stand up, and no one else does either,

Comment

I still think Kinect Adventures is my favourite Kinect game, either played alone or with another person. Didn't try all Kinect games, but some like Joyride were pretty awful.

Comment

Real shame if Microsoft first party Dev's cant get this right what hope do others have, this seems light on content too is it really only 6 events? the football looks like Subbuteo, jetski is a poor mans Wave Race, while climbing, bowling, shooting, and tennis all look pretty poor in there own right.

As someone who got kinect last time at launch i don't see why they just haven't done an updated version of Kinetic Adventures buy a licence too how about Incorporating Indian Jones, The ducking jumping and leaning seems to be the best use of kinect so why not play to these strengthens.

I could imagine a big headed cartoon style Indy running away from boulders, Jumping across the top of trains/crocs, Riding Mine carts, paddling down rapids you could even chuck in crazy Wario Ware style mini games to address the last ones lack of content, mini game's where you avoids snakes falling from the ceiling or traps and spikes, how about a race to dig up artifacts as fast as you can, quick draw idol swapping with times for scores. Or maybe you could have some wii boxing style fighting off nazzis which incorporate famous fights from the films. in all it should be pretty crazy and quickfire bringing back the pace of games like point blank or Bishi Bashi special.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 09-04-2014, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                    Not exactly a glowing review from Eurogamer sadly. 6 out of 10.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-rivals-review
                    Why did this get a 6? The review basically states that only 2 of the 6 games are playable (rock climbing and wave racing). Surely 3/10, unless those are super fun, but he goes on to say they would be better on a normal stick.

Comment

With Eurogamer it's best to go by the the text and ignore the score at the bottom really.

Like your Indiana Jones idea Lebowski.

Am I the only one he didn't really enjoy Kinect Sports the first time around, just didn't click with me at all. Think I was expecting great things and it was never going to live up to the demands.

Comment

Now we know that the 80 quid dearer than the PS4 is worth it and this technology is wanted, its so 2009, so XBoners this is as good as it gets and if this game isn't an advert for an Kinectless XBone i dont know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                          With Eurogamer it's best to go by the the text and ignore the score at the bottom really.

Like your Indiana Jones idea Lebowski.

Am I the only one he didn't really enjoy Kinect Sports the first time around, just didn't click with me at all. Think I was expecting great things and it was never going to live up to the demands.
                          i picked up the first one but didn't play it much it was ok but nothing special. The presentation of this one seems to be missing something, its like a bad dream-works animated film its not terrible but it's not Pixar.

Has all the talent left rare as there output under Microsoft has been appalling bar viva pinata there stuff has all been pretty devoid of any sort of creative spark.

Id agree that the kinect is a wasted opportunity as far as games go so far the only consolation is the things it dose that as well, its the best web cam ive owned as far as the fantastic skype support goes, and the voice commands when there not showing me up are usefull.

Comment

Would you stay at Rare making this shovelware Lebowski?

Comment

I guess not real shame that one of the uk dev powerhouses is reduced to putting out this stuff, when you think what there capable off,

off the top of my head rare games that i've played over the years and have fond memory for RC pro am, Batteltoads, Cobra Triangle, wizards and warriors, snake rattle and roll, Donkey Kong country, Goldeneye, Blastcorps, Perfect Dark, then Microsoft came along

It would seem that most of the Goldeneye team are now at crytek UK.

Originally posted by rarewiki
                              Rare gained more international recognition with the release of GoldenEye 007, a Nintendo 64 first-person shooter based on the film GoldenEye that is often credited for having revolutionized the genre.[2] The title received very high critical praise and sold more than eight million units worldwide. It also received numerous awards and Rare won the BAFTA award for "Best UK Developer".[4] Other subsequent successful Nintendo 64 games include Banjo-Kazooie, released in 1998, and Donkey Kong 64, released the following year. Around the same time, numerous employees left the company and formed new studios. The most notable of these studios was Free Radical Design, which was composed of several members of the GoldenEye 007 team.[2] Free Radical Design developed the successful TimeSplitters series of first-person shooters, though the company was acquired by Crytek in 2009 and renamed Crytek UK.[5]

Comment

Working...
                              X