Tomb Raider Music Composer Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomb Raider Music Composer Interview

Found this, what I think is a rather interesting, interview with Core Studio era TR music composer Nathan McCree via another forum I visit:-

Awesome! I loved the first 3 TR games with the great music being one of the main reasons. I will give this a read tomorrow.

Comment

It's mad to think he had several weeks to write the entire soundtrack & composed some of the most beautiful & haunting music of the 32bit era.

It's a shame he's not worked on bigger or more important projects after he left Core. Either way, it's the Videogame industries loss.

Comment

His music themes and incidental sound effects are a huge part of the atmosphere they created in those unsurpassed, classic era TR games. When I load them up, which I still do quite regularly, just those few haunting bars of the loading screens music instantly transport me back to my earliest and truly most memorably enjoyable gaming experiences.

TR3 has some of my favourite pieces of gaming music of all time some of which I think play maybe just half a dozen times during a typical run through the whole game and that reminded me of another thing about those games. They weren't frightened of having long periods with no music, just minimal, echoing background sounds for effect. It made the injection of the music so much more powerful as mood changer when it was used.

00:00 01 Lara's Theme02:20 02 The Puzzle Element05:15 03 Something Spooky07:38 04 She's Cool08:20 05 Geordie Bob10:38 06 The Cavern Sewers12:56 07 Tony (The ...
        Last edited by fallenangle; 29-11-2013, 11:59.

Comment

Working...
        X