Battlefield 2014 by Visceral Rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefield 2014 by Visceral Rumour

There is speculation/rumour that Visceral are doing a new Battlefield for next year. Story taken from All Games Beta.

Speculation: Visceral developing Battlefield game for Fall 2014 (with evidence)

So since Wedbush implied that there's a a non-DICE developed Battlefield game coming next year, I thought I'd write up why I feel this makes the most sense.

? Criterion is 17 people and thus too small to make a Battlefield game

? Visceral was making a Battlefield spin-off game

? Visceral has been hiring FPS game testers

? Visceral built Battlefield 3: End Game

? Visceral hired Guerrilla's head to direct their new project and Halo 4's project lead to be a design director

? Visceral is making a next-gen shooter - admittedly doesn't say first or third person

? Visceral has been out firing real world guns

? Visceral is working on an "exciting IP" in some of their job postings instead of a "New IP" or "Star Wars" like other postings explicitly list

? Almost everyone from Visceral worked on Battlefield 4

Nirolak - NeoGAF

Dead Space RIP

Comment

The rumours are hitting fast, this is high on my list of games that shouldn't be made. DICE can't even nail it lately and with map packs due right up to the end of next year and the main series biannual there just isn't the justification for it. With Titanfall comingtoo, EA is getting too desperate to knock CoD off its perch

Comment

If it's battlefield bad company 3, then I'm listening.

If it isn't then its pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
          Dead Space RIP
          Dead space is already dead after 3.

Comment

I think I've come to a point where I'm not bothered if they return to Bad Company. In sp terms DICE already watered down the experience a lot with BC2 and in mp, realistically it isn't much different to the main series as is. They'd have to mix things up enough that it'd be different enough in itself that it'd hardly feel like a third entry. Rather they make something distinct on its own terms.

Comment

The latest rumour is that this spin-off is police themed. If they insist of cranking these out now almost faster than the DLC for the last game I insist that we can at the very least play as Frank Drebin

Comment

Working...
              X