Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another update for this has been confirmed called Frontiers. No date yet on when it's out but I always look forward to seeing what's been added.

Comment

Yeah...I've gone back to this and tried it on PS5 but it just wasn't interesting for me. I might just stick to the PS4 version in VR once I have my PSVR set up again.

Comment

Another update (from the developer CDPR aspires to be)
        This one is combat based.

Sentinel: Introducing Update 3.8 Fight alongside your own personal robotic companions and battle an array of new foes in the SENTINEL Update! Introducing a total overhaul of weapon systems; new lore and stories; all-new Sentinel enemies and combat behaviours; the ability to reprogram and adopt your very own friendly AI drone; and much, much more!... View Article

Comment

damn it, got all excited then as i thought they were finally going to let us see what the sentinel homeworld was actually like. Maybe one day they will show us in person and not just through the lore text that sometimes mentions them when you interact with the monuments.

Comment

i hope the change to the combat/shooting makes it feel better on that side of things, getting into fights with multiple sentinels and trying aim with the joypad is incredible annoying with the terrible acceleration, i mostly choose to aim by walking the sights over what i'm shooting with the left stick.

Hopefully they'll do some big spaceship changes next, you need to be able to crash the ship into the ground, a hover mode, proper air to ground attacks, atmosphere combat, improve the space combat by giving pirates frigates, have sentinel fleets in system, letting us hire wingmen and call on support fire from our capital ship.

Comment

Now supports FSR as well.

Comment

Great to see this is still being supported in such a big way.

Comment

Yet another update to No Man's Sky!
                  Not sure how I'm supposed to build a space freighter when I only have 5 inventory slots?

No Man's Sky 8th Expedition, Polestar, now live!
                  Exclusive challenges and rewards as you embark on an odyssey as the captain of a heavy shipping freighter.

Comment

restarted last month on xbox, forgot how much of a grind it is to get ship/frigates/tool/suit with technology spaces and the warp glyphs. The new Capital ship stuff is alot better and cleaner, basically means you can abandon planetary bases if your not in to farming or getting materials like oxygen. The rework on asteroids looks much better to. Tempted to go back to my Ps5 save to see what my old capital ship looks like.

Comment

Went back to my PS5 save, looks like they reset everything on the capital ship from just looking at the inventory, all the storage containers i had are missing in the list you would expect to see them, i'm still out in the middle of no where, to far for my capital ship to jump and on some main story quest that i should finish before space station warping home... don't think i'll come back to this version, not being able to turn off the force feedback in the shoulder triggers for a grinding game like this is a really stupid, i can do it from the Ps5 system menu but i shouldn't have to keep going in and out to turn it off and on, maybe sony can step in and make per game profiles.

might as well move this thread to the first play area as there is nothing in there for this.

Comment

New 4.0 update out and it's now available on switch.

However, veteran players are now missing loads of tech and inventory slots on both ships and your suit. Basically pissing a lot of people off and killing years of hard work.

Comment

Gah. I am tempted to get the Switch version and go from square one again though. The J-eShop price is 25% cheaper than the Canadian one.
                          Although, once you've played it in VR...I may just wait for PSVR2 and the free upgrade we will no doubt receive.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Although, once you've played it in VR...
                            Yeah, I played it on PSVR and while it was really technically limited (the resolution was just too low for starters) it added so much. I really wanted to play the PC version but my machine couldn't cope, so I'm saving it for the next time I upgrade.

Comment

Or wait for everyone to shift to PSVR2 and get a cheapo headset from here.

Comment

next update is here, now i have a powerful PC i'm very tempted to start from scratch again (started Ps4, last year on XSX playing about months worth after each big update). Not shown in the video is VR changes/updates and piles of stuff to do with sentinels. https://www.nomanssky.com/interceptor-update/

Comment

Working...
                                X